Chamonix – July 28-August 23 – Seeking climbing partner

Find climbing partners in Europe.
no avatar
Ken_

Chamonix – July 28-August 23 – Seeking climbing partner

by Ken_ » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:49 pm

My climbing mate won’t be in Chamonix next Summer. I’m 20 - and French ;) - and not so experienced or accomplished that I can climb independently. I’m looking for a partner willing to hire a mountain guide and split the costs (*) in order to climb some nice (rock/mixed) routes up to AD/D in the Mont Blanc Massif.

I’m used to climb with my guide -Robin Revest- and one of our projects in August is the Mont Blanc du Tacul summit via the Triangle (the Contamine-Mazeaud or the Contamine-Grisole route – see links below) :
http://www.camptocamp.org/routes/53894/en/triangle-du-tacul-contamine-mazeaud
http://www.camptocamp.org/routes/54062/fr/triangle-du-tacul-contamine-grisolle

You may want to have a look at Robin’s blog and last Summer’s pictures (I’m the one with the red helmet :) ) of the ascent of the Aiguille du Moine by the southern ridge:
http://montagnes-des-alpes.over-blog.com/article-le-moine-arrete-sud-108610190.html

If interested, drop me a line.
Ken
(*) Tariffs (in euros) for 2013 can be found on the Chamonix Mountain Guiding Company website:
http://www.chamonix-guides.com/include/viewFile.php?idtf=1504&path=d8%2F1504_1369725337_Tarifs-2013.pdf

no avatar
munrra

Re: Chamonix – July 28-August 23 – Seeking climbing partner

by munrra » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:48 pm

hey Ken

are you only interested in guided climbs?
I am looking partner for easy alpine stuff ( looking at petit verte as ex)
I have experience in trad, Ice climbing and I completed courses of alpine climb involving climbing Mount Baker in washington state
I am cautious and I wouldn't mind to turn around if climb does not seems to be doable for me
would be in the area 22 to 25 of august

punj89

by punj89 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi, im in Cham 25th JUL to 8th AUG

not interested in hiring a guide but am looking for people to climb with

Here's my UKC logbook which is pretty up to date with my experience http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=55321

give me a shout if your interested

subalps

by subalps » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:57 am

yeah I am going to be in cham july 22 thru aug 5 where do you want to meet to do some climbing. I am up for pretty much anything if the weathers good,
Charlie

radson

by radson » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:35 am

I'm in cham from 8th - 17th August and then Switzerland to the 21st August :)

Cissa

by Cissa » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:24 pm

Hey everyone!

I live in Chamonix and am constantly looking for new partners. Unfortunately I only have a few days off every week, so I need to match that with good weather.

My experience is mostly D, moderately technical routes in 6000 peaks in the Cordillera Blanca and Nepal. I´ve done harder stuff, and I´ve done easier, although I only get onto harder stuff with people I´m used to climbing with. I climb independent, that is, no guide, and don´t mind leading as long as you are a good belayer, reliable and careful.

In any case, if you guys need a local partner, I am game. Got all the equipment, summer pass, and speak fluent english, portuguese, spanish and somewhat decent french.

radson

by radson » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:19 am

Great website Cissa. I have P'Med you

no avatar
roaming22

by roaming22 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi there I am also in the Alps from 15th - 22nd August. Looking for a partner to do similar stuff.

From West Sussex, UK

I have trad kit and alpine kit. Experience is as below:

-Trad - Have led a variety of Severe routes in South Wales, Cornwall and
North Wales, one HS route. Seconded many routes up to HVS.
-Mixed climbing - led one, and seconded many Grade IIs in Scotland
-Alps - Did a PYB alpine course in the Alps three years ago. This was before I could
lead climb though. On our final day we ascended Aigulle de Tour. Have explored some AD peaks, both unsuccessful.
-Mountains - lots of winter and summer navigation in navigationally challenging parts of the UK.
-Altitude - have climbed at about 6000m in Pakistan - ice at 45 degrees
at the steepest I would say, but challenging with the thinner air and
Pakistani heat!

no avatar
rcdamian

by rcdamian » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Hello Cissa,

I am looking for a partner to go to Hut Cosmique tomorrow afternoon and climb Arethe Cosmique on Sunday.

I can pay for meal and Hut costs. Did 3 Ice Climbs on Bolivia, Chile and Argentina and have personal equipment. But I go to the mountains for years and I am also a rock climber.

Please call me at +33 0631202631

Best Regards
Ricardo Damian

Cissa wrote:Hey everyone!

I live in Chamonix and am constantly looking for new partners. Unfortunately I only have a few days off every week, so I need to match that with good weather.

My experience is mostly D, moderately technical routes in 6000 peaks in the Cordillera Blanca and Nepal. I´ve done harder stuff, and I´ve done easier, although I only get onto harder stuff with people I´m used to climbing with. I climb independent, that is, no guide, and don´t mind leading as long as you are a good belayer, reliable and careful.

In any case, if you guys need a local partner, I am game. Got all the equipment, summer pass, and speak fluent english, portuguese, spanish and somewhat decent french.

no avatar
rcdamian

by rcdamian » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:21 pm

Hello,

I am looking for a partner to go to Hut Cosmique tomorrow afternoon and climb Arethe Cosmique on Sunday.

I can pay for meal and Hut costs. Did 3 Ice Climbs on Bolivia, Chile and Argentina and have personal equipment. But I go to the mountains for years and I am also a rock climber.

Best Regards
Ricardo Damian

roaming22 wrote:Hi there I am also in the Alps from 15th - 22nd August. Looking for a partner to do similar stuff.

From West Sussex, UK

I have trad kit and alpine kit. Experience is as below:

-Trad - Have led a variety of Severe routes in South Wales, Cornwall and
North Wales, one HS route. Seconded many routes up to HVS.
-Mixed climbing - led one, and seconded many Grade IIs in Scotland
-Alps - Did a PYB alpine course in the Alps three years ago. This was before I could
lead climb though. On our final day we ascended Aigulle de Tour. Have explored some AD peaks, both unsuccessful.
-Mountains - lots of winter and summer navigation in navigationally challenging parts of the UK.
-Altitude - have climbed at about 6000m in Pakistan - ice at 45 degrees
at the steepest I would say, but challenging with the thinner air and
Pakistani heat!

no avatar
rcdamian

by rcdamian » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:22 pm

I am looking for an experienced partner which knows the route to go to Hut Cosmique tomorrow (22/8) afternoon and climb Arethe Cosmique on Sunday.

I can pay for meal and Hut costs to help it happen. I did 3 Ice Climbs on Bolivia, Chile and Argentina and have personal equipment. But I go to the mountains for years and I am also a rock climber.

Also I would accept to share a guide.

Best Regards
Ricardo Damian

Return to Europe