Switzerland/Alps 8/28 through 9/15

Find climbing partners in Europe.
seanh

Switzerland/Alps 8/28 through 9/15

by seanh » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:22 pm

I unexpectedly found myself with a 4 week gap between jobs, and so I booked a round trip to Zurich. I would have loved to have been able to plan more in advance to find (or bring) a partner, but such is life.

I'll likely be bringing my rack, two tools, and mountain boots just in case, though I'm only at top rope tough guy status on pure water ice. Have done Casaval Ridge (climb up, ski descent), NE Ridge of Bugaboo Spire, and lead on gear to 5.9/low 5.10. Just recently did the DNB on Merriam Peak.

Down to do any kind of climbing, and I'm leaving myself with a flexible itinerary. I'll be content to just hike, trail run, and scramble if I don't find partners, but would love to get some climbing in while I'm there (especially alpine.) I'd be fine to head down to Cham, or to the Dolomites as well if I can find partners.

Will probably cross post the same thing on Mountain Project.

Cheers!
Sean

MountaingirlBC

Re: Switzerland/Alps 8/28 through 9/15

by MountaingirlBC » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:32 pm

Any chance you could extend your dates a little bit? I'm looking for a partner for the Italian side of the Matterhorn but the earliest I could do it is probably around the 15th.

AlpineTrails

by AlpineTrails » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:33 am

Hi. I'm planning to go to Zermatt at the end of August. I'm not much into climbing but mountaineering/ice climbing. However I have already made my itinerary: Monch - Jungfrau - Dufourspitze. Nothing hard, maybe some sections of Grade II -III. If it sounds like something you'd be interested in, drop me a msg.

no avatar
Martinla82

by Martinla82 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:07 am

Hi All,

I'll be in the Alps and Northern Italy all of September. My main focus is moderate Alpine mountaineering PD/AD sort of grade. Ihave a hit list from a guide/friend I and my son climbed with earlier in the summer. Give me a shout and we'll make some plans.

Return to Europe