The Demise of SummitPost

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
technicolorNH

Re: The Demise of SummitPost

by technicolorNH » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:28 am

On my iPhone I get the flashing ads, on my desktop I get nothing. This means that in order to look at SP via my smartphone I must pass a hand/eye coordination test first (hitting the x on the top right of the ad while it is flashing) to have the privilege of looking at SP. Not a huge deal since if I am looking at SP on my phone I usually have a lot of time on my hands anyway.

Marcsoltan

by Marcsoltan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:37 am

I have the same problem when I use my ipad to get to SP. I tap the x in the corner rapidly several times, sometimes ten or twenty times, and the ad goes away. But, on my desktop computer I never get the flashing ads.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:45 pm

There are several ad blockers for iOS.

hgrapid

by hgrapid » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:46 pm

I don't generally have problems with the ads. Summitpost is a wonderful site and will not die!

mtbaxter

by mtbaxter » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:01 pm

I wouldn't mind if it was just the flashing ads. Many websites have them and I just ignore them. With SP,however, it's not just flashing ads. The actual SP text I am trying to read constantly jumps up and down. That's what I can't tolerate.
It's been two months since my original post, and I just realized I have not gone onto SP once since then. I did just now only because I got an email telling me of a new response to my original post. Despite even now heading home from a week of desert and Channel Island peakbagging.
So I get along just fine without SP. I find peakbagger.com and blogs such as Bob Burd's infinitely more useful. And as for current conditions, that one button PB connection to the snow level map for a peak is all I really need.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Here are a few observations from my iPAD.

1) The flashing banner ad across the bottom of the screen does not appear if you are logged in.
2) If you're not logged in, the ad stops flashing when you rotate your device.

Previous

Return to Site Feedback