Question for Rainier pros

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
mcpherma

by mcpherma » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Brian Jenkins wrote:I wood like 2 advoc8 4 the use of real werdz and punctu8ion!

That looks entirely too natural to be off the cuff :P

no avatar
JJBrunner

by JJBrunner » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:29 pm

mattski wrote:u should no how to do a cravase pull up use a reverso. id be more worried about the actual cilmb like the steep m7 routes after that lol. u ever heard of the double iceaxe crav jump lol just use your fairy gun like on that climbing movie. Pull a big gun out ofyour bag and shoot a snarg out of it with a rope on it and when that pulls out just up pull your shoot thats in your bag with the pull cord thats in your jacket pocket

I agree 100%

no avatar
sneakyracer

by sneakyracer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:54 am

Check the videos here:

http://www.whittakermountaineering.com/pg/gear_videos

lot's of good clear information

bird

by bird » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:53 pm

First time I tried Rainier I had a Trango, 20 degree bag, full length pad, etc. That sucked.
Second time I had a 35 degree bag, 3.5 lb 3 season tent, 3/4 length pad, etc. Much more enjoyable. If the weather sucks, you're are not going up anyway, check the forecast and plan accordingly. (Be prepared, but balance risk of bad weather vs. weight/speed/comfort to your comfort level, it's a judgment call).

ExcitableBoy

by ExcitableBoy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:34 pm

bird wrote:If the weather sucks, you're are not going up anyway, check the forecast and plan accordingly. (Be prepared, but balance risk of bad weather vs. weight/speed/comfort to your comfort level, it's a judgment call).

Very true. If the weather sucks I am staying home or going to a drier part of the range.

dskoon

by dskoon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:45 pm

ExcitibleBoy wrote:
bird wrote:If the weather sucks, you're are not going up anyway, check the forecast and plan accordingly. (Be prepared, but balance risk of bad weather vs. weight/speed/comfort to your comfort level, it's a judgment call).

Very true. If the weather sucks I am staying home or going to a drier part of the range.

Or a pub! :wink:

96avs01

by 96avs01 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:30 pm

dskoon wrote:
ExcitibleBoy wrote:

Or a pub! :wink:

Always one of my backup plans :D

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)