Relocating to Mid-Atlantic!!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
e-doc

Re: Relocating to Mid-Atlantic!!

by e-doc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:46 am

theBecca wrote:
ANY suggestions would be excellent! I'm relocating from Boston and will miss the city dearly, so a larger town wouldn't be such a bad thing either ;-)

Whats more important? climbing? paddling? flat water boating? Parasailing? Surf fishing? How far are you willing to drive to do stuff?? Other hobbies? Pro sports? dating scene? college scene? Airport?

I was born in Geensboro, lived in NC and Va most my life. Been outside about everywhere down here. I was just in Roanoke 2 weekends ago, to XC ski with my bro, back to Va this weekend for winter exploits

Judging by above geographically you need to be in Charlottesville, Roanoke, Richmond or the "Triad"- AKA Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point. Need to include the "Triangle"- Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 pm

So have you decided where to move yet??

tigerlilly

by tigerlilly » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:09 pm

I came from Boston and moved to Washington DC...about 5 years ago.

If you end up here, you'll appreciate March/April/May here. It is gorgeous.

The schools are also excellent, in Montgomery County MD. (unless it has snowed a dusting, and then schools close (I'm NOT kidding) for 3 days.

But, the traffic is REALLY bad. People drive with manners here, but there is a LOT of traffic. I mean, it is really really bad. We live close enough to work, so we ride our bikes.

If you can ignore the sound of low flying helicopters, and humor the paranoid security here, you'll be alright.

The women are better lookin' :wink: . (So are the guys...! :D )

I miss the easy access to Vermont skiing, New Hamphire hiking and Marblehead sailing. Not to mention the fall colors are pitiful. But the museums are all free!!!!

Good Luck

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Just don't move to where I live, there's nothing! Good luck with your house finding, I'm sure its stressful!

Previous

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)