Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Scott
Forum Moderator

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Scott » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:33 pm

There seems to be a new bug in the search function. At least from what I can see, the scroll bars for searching for mountains, routes, etc., by country, etc. no longer work for Google Chrome, at least not on two computers I tried. They still work fine in IE. They also work by using the mouse wheel.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:52 pm

The issue on Google Chrome with scroll bars for drop downs happens on MountainProject too. Another reason I like FireFox better. 8)

ARosenthal

by ARosenthal » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Not sure if this is just me but when I try to post a new topic in Firefox it takes me to my profile page. Tried logging out and back in, restarting browser, etc. The url it takes me to is:

http://www.summitpost.org/users/arosent ... firm_post=

Seems to work fine in Chrome.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:43 pm

It's a cookie issue. Try clearing your cookies. It's one of the biggest glitches in SummitPost which no one can figure out how to solve it. Unless someone is willing to step up to the plate. :wink:

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:49 pm

I keep getting this, but only in Google Chrome? I cleared cookies, etc.
Attachments
sp.JPG
sp.JPG (136.31 KiB) Viewed 1768 times

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:17 am

On which pages and what actions are you doing when you get that error?

It was happening when I would try to post anything on the forum. It would take me to my profile page with all that stuff on it. Seems to be working now.

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 am

I got the same error a few of times (in Google Chrome), but didn't pay close attention to what I did right before this. I didn't even try to post anything in the forum though, so that's not what's causing it.

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:48 am

Whether it's related or not I couldn't say, but after I posted the previous message, the two links "User Control Panel" and "View your posts" at the top of the forum where gone!

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:15 am

Did something change with the cookies today? Matt Lemke couldn't log in either. I had to clear mine.

Some interesting news to the login issue. When I create a test dummy user, login, log out, login again, and then do my final log out I cannot log back in at all. Not even to my own profile because the login.php file takes me back to that test user even though I'm not logged in to that user. This is a known issue (at least to me). For a while I thought this was a cookie issue. I cleared my cookies and still could not access the login.php file. :? I tried again just to make sure. I decided to clear my cache, suddenly I was able to access the login form. :) This leads me to believe that the cookie issue might also be a browser cache issue as well.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:22 am

As for Scott's issue, I have a good lead on how to replicate it. In FireFox create a new user using SP's registration form. Activate the account which will inevitably login you in to the profile page. You should instantly see a pop up with the following error:

Code: Select all
SyntaxError: missing ; before statement: Could not eval DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns:fb="https://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
  <head><link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//1-ps.googleusercontent.com"><link rel="stylesheet" href="http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.summitpost.org/site/css/A.A.main-minified.css,,,,qv==7+header_footer-minified.css+ajax.css+voting-minified.css,,,,qv==2,,Mcc.kyaxAqxnYc.css,Mcf.FzbWQjLWk_.css.pagespeed.cf.IuXC4AwMUw.css"/>
<script type="psa_prefetch" src="http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.summitpost.org/includes/ajax/js/sajax_js-minified.js,,qv=2,Mjm.ZbIc6pbYMn.js.pagespeed.ce.P_rr2CupS6.js"></script>
<script type="psa_prefetch" src="http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.summitpost.org/includes/ajax/js/custom-functions-minified.js,,qv=4,Mjm.cb4NK3nZY2.js.pagespeed.ce.5inycLYpIv.js"></script>
<script type="psa_prefetch" src="http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.summitpost.org/site/dropdown-minified.js,Mjm.eym6o_lo8r.js.pagespeed.ce.ZF8470wH8c.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">var links = document.getElementsByTagName('link');for (var i = 0; i < links.length; ++i) {  if (links[i].getAttribute('rel') == 'stylesheet') {    links[i].disabled=true;  }}</script><script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_prefetch_start = Number(new Date());window.mod_pagespeed_num_resources_prefetched = 4</script><script type="text/javascript">(function(){var f=window,g=document,h="documentElement",k="scrollTop",m="prototype",n="body",p="getAttribute",q=function(a,d){var b=f;if(b.addEventListener)b.addEventListener(a,d,!1);else if(b.attachEvent)b.attachEvent("on"+a,d);else{var c=b["on"+a];b["on"+a]=function(){d.call(this);c&&c.call(this)}}};f.pagespeed=f.pagespeed||{};var r=f.pagespeed,s=function(a){this.b=[];this.a=0;this.c=!1;this.i=a;this.e=null;this.g=0;this.d=!1},t=function(a,d){var b=d[p]("pagespeed_lazy_position");if(b)return parseInt(b,0);var b=d.offsetTop,c=d.offsetParent;c&&(b+=t(a,c));b=Math.max(b,0);d.setAttribute("pagespeed_lazy_position",b);return b};
s[m].h=function(a){u(a);var d=this;f.setTimeout(function(){var b,c,e,x=a[p]("pagespeed_lazy_src");if(null!=x){if(!(c=d.c))if(d.d||0!=a.offsetHeight&&0!=a.offsetWidth){n:if(a.currentStyle)c=a.currentStyle.position;else{if(g.defaultView&&g.defaultView.getComputedStyle&&(c=g.defaultView.getComputedStyle(a,null))){c=c.getPropertyValue("position");break n}c=a.style&&a.style.position?a.style.position:""}if("relative"==c)c=!0;else{e=0;"number"==typeof f.pageYOffset?e=f.pageYOffset:g[n]&&g[n][k]?e=g[n][k]:
g[h]&&g[h][k]&&(e=g[h][k]);b=f.innerHeight||g[h].clientHeight||g[n].clientHeight;c=e;e=e+b;var l=a.getBoundingClientRect();l?(e=l.top-b,c=l.bottom):(l=t(d,a),b=l+a.offsetHeight,e=l-e,c=b-c);c=e<=d.a&&0<=c+d.a}}else c=!1;c&&-1!=a.src.indexOf(d.i)?(c=a.parentNode,e=a.nextSibling,c&&c.removeChild(a),a.f&&(a.getAttribute=a.f),a.removeAttribute("onload"),a.removeAttribute("pagespeed_lazy_src"),a.removeAttribute("pagespeed_lazy_replaced_functions"),c&&c.insertBefore(a,e),a.src=x):d.b.push(a)}},0)};
s[m].loadIfVisible=s[m].h;s[m].j=function(){this.c=!0;v(this)};s[m].loadAllImages=s[m].j;var v=function(a){var d=a.b,b=d.length;a.b=[];for(var c=0;c<b;++c)a.h(d[c])},w=function(a,d){return a.a?null!=a.a(d):null!=a[p](d)};s[m].k=function(){for(var a=g.getElementsByTagName("img"),d=0;d<a.length;++d){var b=a[d];w(b,"pagespeed_lazy_src")&&u(b)}};s[m].overrideAttributeFunctions=s[m].k;
var u=function(a){w(a,"pagespeed_lazy_replaced_functions")||(a.f=a[p],a.getAttribute=function(a){"src"==a.toLowerCase()&&w(this,"pagespeed_lazy_src")&&(a="pagespeed_lazy_src");return this.f(a)},a.setAttribute("pagespeed_lazy_replaced_functions","1"))};
r.l=function(a,d){var b=new s(d);r.lazyLoadImages=b;q("load",function(){b.d=!0;b.c=a;b.a=200;v(b)});0!=d.indexOf("data")&&((new Image).src=d);var c=function(){if(!(b.d&&a||b.e)){var c=200;200<(new Date).getTime()-b.g&&(c=0);b.e=f.setTimeout(function(){b.g=(new Date).getTime();v(b);b.e=null},c)}};q("scroll",c);q("resize",c)};r.lazyLoadInit=r.l;})();

pagespeed.lazyLoadInit(true, "//1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.gstatic.com/psa/static/1.gif");
</script>+:var res = { 0: 'reply_messages', 1: '<div align=\"center\">\n\n  <table class=ajax_messages_table border=0>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n          <tr><td colspan=4 style=\'border:none;\'>&nbsp;</td></tr>\n      <tr>\n    <td height=40 valign=\"top\" align=\"center\" class=\"img_nav\"> 0 - 0 of 0 messages</td>\n  </tr>\n  </table>\n</div>' }; res;

Using my elf powers I was able to delete the test user, and re-create it to confirm that this wasn't just a one time issue. According to the error message it seems to be a semicolon missing before the doctype.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:41 am

Would be a shame to have to disable it. Pages seem to be loading at a pretty good speed right now. :D I'm curious what the page speed service caches.

Toxic wrote:Also, if NSA is so bad, why do people put stuff on websites which enable entities like FB to track users' browsing habits of other sites?

Because we have given up on privacy. It does not exist on the internet. We would rather express ourselves than be private individuals who cannot speak their voice (well, there's always the real world). Pick your poison. :wink:

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:12 am

Toxic wrote:Oh, that's a GREAT reason to actively help a corporation like FB collect marketing data on people!

Your telling me that facebook is collecting tons of data off of facebook? Is this anywhere the share/like button is placed? My comment was about the NSA.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:10 am

Toxic wrote:What do you think happens when that Failbook button loads on a page you visit, Joshy?

The same could be true about Google Plus and Twitter in theory.

Toxic wrote:But, this is all moot. Plus, Montana is having way more fun than the two of us this Friday night.

Yeah, yeah. No need to rub it in to my cruddy night of being alone and being ignored.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Toxic wrote:The other two don't do it.

So then facebook is the evil that we've gotta watch out for. :wink:

Toxic wrote:There, there, First World Problem Boy.

Toxic's way of comforting us. :)

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:46 am

Did something change in the new editor? It's been a few weeks since I last worked on a page, so maybe I've missed an intentional change, but when I click on an image, I don't get the dialog that I used to get earlier. I need that dialog so that I can easily move images to the right or left, to specify a new image size, or sometimes to delete the image. I now have to switch to HTML mode to do all that, which is cumbersome and takes more time.

For the record, I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome and Windows 8.1.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback