Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby rgg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Montana Matt wrote:OK, Rob. Let me know if they appear to be fixed now.

Yep, it looks better now.

I still see two minor inconsistencies, but they have got nothing to do with old fields, as I see the same behavior in relatively new pages:

1. When I'm editing a route or mountain page and use a ',' in the Province field, after submitting it, I see a '/' instead. Yet, when looking at a list of pages, the ',' shows up again!

2. When selecting more than one country in a route or mountain page, they show up separated by a '/' when viewing the page itself, but by a ',' when looking at a list of pages.

As I said, minor stuff.

Cheers, Rob
rgg

Postby Norman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Just now have been able to get signed in again. This happened about 3 weeks ago too. I use bing explorer... I think. Chrome has installed on my computer somehow. When go to summitpost from my "favorites" in Bing or is it internet explorer... I get my ugly profile facepage, but not a sign in page. Today I just tried the other...like I said I think it is Chrome and went to summitpost then sign in button and here I am. this is good, but I don't really know what I am doing or why things have changed for me. Any help appreciated.
Norman
Norman

Postby Josh Lewis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Norman wrote:I use bing explorer... I think.

I'm pretty sure you were using internet explorer. Perhaps with Bing as your homepage (they are both owned by Microsoft). I did a search and couldn't find a "bing explorer". :wink:

Norman wrote:Chrome has installed on my computer somehow.

Probably when you installed some other program it came with it. Companies pay other companies to include "extras" to promote their brand. Indeed sneaky.

Norman wrote:When go to summitpost from my "favorites" in Bing or is it internet explorer... I get my ugly profile facepage, but not a sign in page.

It's internet explorer. You went from the site bing to summitpost. I am also assuming your favorite link has the url for your profile page rather than the homepage of SummitPost. For the login, either click the link at the top or view this link. Be sure to check "Keep me logged in all the time" so that you don't have to login every time.

Norman wrote:Today I just tried the other...like I said I think it is Chrome and went to summitpost then sign in button and here I am. this is good, but I don't really know what I am doing or why things have changed for me. Any help appreciated.

Do yourself a favor and don't use internet explorer. You will save time, it will be easier to work with, less errors, better page styling, and the list goes on. Personally I favor FireFox. But Google Chrome is pretty good too. So in the future, could you describe what it is your having an issue with? For example "I cannot find the login page" or "It won't remember me when logging in" or "It won't even login".
Josh Lewis

Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States

Postby Diego Sahagún » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Cleared
Last edited by Diego Sahagún on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diego Sahagún

Postby Josh Lewis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:14 am

I don't see how that has any relevance to this thread. I don't have a thing to do with that site. If your asking me, either start a thread in off route or contact me in private. :wink:
Josh Lewis

The following user would like to thank Josh Lewis for this post
Diego Sahagún

Postby mrchad9 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Yeah I don't think that has ever worked. Either just change your profile image to what you want, or if you don't want to have a profile image you need to delete your current profile image from the image page.

If you'd rather not delete the image (presumably because you are very attractive in it), then upload any jpg you don't care about, make it your profile image, and then delete it.
mrchad9

Postby Josh Lewis » Sat May 11, 2013 4:47 am

Here is a work around that might work: Go to an image you uploaded (new or old) and click the link "Make This My Profile Image" so that you have a new profile image. Then try deleting the old profile picture with the delete link on the page rather than on the profile that says "Delete User Image". I haven't had too much trouble deleting images from SummitPost myself.
Josh Lewis

Postby mrchad9 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:36 pm

That's what I just said Josh.
mrchad9

Postby Josh Lewis » Tue May 14, 2013 12:55 am

No it isn't. :wink: I'm sure your intentions were the same as mine, but you did not explain that in details.

mrchad9 wrote:If you'd rather not delete the image (presumably because you are very attractive in it), then upload any jpg you don't care about, make it your profile image, and then delete it.

I see no reason to have to delete an image to change your profile pic. Further more you failed to mention the link to make it your profile image (although for you and I this is obvious).
Josh Lewis

Postby Bob Burd » Tue May 14, 2013 1:28 am

You guys sound like some old married folks I know.
Just sayin'
Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

The following user would like to thank Bob Burd for this post
Josh Lewis

Postby Josh Lewis » Tue May 14, 2013 1:33 am

:lol: True that.
Josh Lewis

Postby Klenke » Fri May 17, 2013 7:18 am

Greek symbols:

For page submissions (i.e., not the forums)....

The new editor doesn't appear to do them right.
The old editor does them right.

The new editor makes it look like this:
<b>Φ</b>
The old editor like this:
Φ

The same seems to go for subscripting <sub> and superscripting <sup>. The old editor has to be used.
Klenke

Postby Klenke » Sat May 18, 2013 6:06 am

And for god's sakes, put a delete button on the TOP of the page in the Inbox and Sentbox pages! (Like, above the Go button or something.)
Klenke

Postby Josh Lewis » Sat May 18, 2013 9:53 am

In the new editor if you want to make the Φ symbol look like the old one, highlight it and hit the bold button. That ought to do it.

The PM system in general could use some updates. Certainly not bad, but is probably 10 years old.
Josh Lewis

Postby Klenke » Sat May 18, 2013 5:23 pm

I looked again at this.

It appears what happens is the edit doesn't take effect when saving (submitting the changes) the first time but does take effect when opening up the editor and saving it the second time (w/o even doing any changes to the text).

Example:
If I type in the string F<sup>D</sup> I'm supposed to get an F with a superscript D after it.
If I save that string, the result (after submitting the change) is only the string repeated back, i.e., "F<sup>D</sup>"
If I then go back into the editor and choose to use the old editor, that string is replaced with: F&lt;sup&gt;D&lt;/sup&gt;
If I save again (w/o doing any changes), the correct form appears F with the superscripted D.

The intermediate step using the old editor is not necessary. It just appears it takes the new editor two save cycles to make it appear correctly. This effect happens for Greek letters too.

Can it be fixed to have it show the correct form after the first save cycle?
Klenke

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback