Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
ericvola

Re: Report Bugs Here

by ericvola » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:31 am

Could someone help me on the following:

I wrote and published a new article "New Wave" and as a friend reported that on his computer (with a smaller size than mine) the text was full of added empty lines, returns before the end of the sentence etc..., I assumed this to be due to the photos inserted, so I separated the photos grouping them under distinct primary headings. The issue now is that on my computer all accesses to my article are fine, but from another computer (with a smaller screen size) which I used before to check the layout, the old version still keeps being displayed and I did delete all the older versions.

Any idea?

User name: Ericvola

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:07 am

Your page is fine, Eric (and I don't mean just the layout actually).

To speed up loading pages from SummitPost, our site uses caching. When logged in, you always get to see the latest version of everything, but those who are not logged in get a day old version for most pages.

By the way, I had already read your article before you separated the photos, and consequently I understand what your friend meant. It's not primarily the pictures that created these empty lines and so on, it's that on the internet people view articles in all different window sizes and your article was less than ideally formatted for that. After posting something, you can see on your own computer how it looks on others by zooming in or out in your browser. (You can either use the menu, or zoom in with the shortcul Ctrl++, zoom out with Ctrl+-). That way you can see the empty lines and strangely cut off lines and fix it without having to separate the images from the text.

Cheers, Rob

ericvola

by ericvola » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Many thanks Rob,

I will know for my next article.

Deb

by Deb » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:07 pm

What's going on here?

"서울바카라``★°°《 888VIG.CℴM 》°°★``서울바카라사이트ϟ아시아바카라" posted by bonkohrice and some other moniker on several forums today. :/

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Korean spammers.

no avatar
rshaver

by rshaver » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:54 pm

The image of Sapphire lake on this page http://www.summitpost.org/snra-idaho/971860 is from my website, from this post

http://backpackingtechnology.com/backpa ... kes-idaho/

I don't mind you using the photo, but I'd appreciate a link to my website.

Thanks,

Bob Shaver

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:51 pm

The photo has been removed. 8)

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:44 pm

I have been having some trouble editing photo displays in Google Chrome with the new editor. It doesn't seem to be a problem with other browsers.

For example, on a trip report, if I want to change or delete a photo, it won't let me do in in Chrome.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:29 am

The state (Colorado) doesn't show up on my page even though it is selected:

http://www.summitpost.org/puoux/986276

Maybe a glitch?

mjp20k

by mjp20k » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:25 am

The SP Plans & Partners feature returns the following message whenever I enter a search term:

process_activities_query_form() failed: DB Error: unknown error

Is this a known problem?

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:16 am

Scott wrote:Maybe a glitch?

Indeed it was. Checked the source code, didn't show a sign of existing nor the country. Finally I noticed the continent was not set for the page, once assigned it fixed the issue. :)

The following user would like to thank Josh Lewis for this post
Scott

gimpilator

by gimpilator » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:31 am

This page http://www.summitpost.org/tapuae-o-uenuku/154568 displays on my profile as having a needs updates vote. The vote was actually removed long ago. I have been told that Montana Matt is the only person who can fix this bug. I am a big contributor of time and information to this site. I request that this glitch be taken care of. Admittedly it's a small matter, but if our infrastructure is working properly, I know all matters shall be addressed, big or small.

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:05 pm

gimpilator wrote:This page http://www.summitpost.org/tapuae-o-uenuku/154568 displays on my profile as having a needs updates vote. The vote was actually removed long ago. I have been told that Montana Matt is the only person who can fix this bug. I am a big contributor of time and information to this site. I request that this glitch be taken care of. Admittedly it's a small matter, but if our infrastructure is working properly, I know all matters shall be addressed, big or small.

Looking at your profile page, I see no "needs updates" flag next to Tapuae-O-Uenuku. I only see flags next to Mount Townsend and Sloan Peak. If you don't see a flag next to Tapuae-O-Uenuku anymore, then I guess it's fixed now. If not, then I'm wondering why you see something else than I do. By the way, for Mount Townsend you yourself voted that it needs major updates. Judging by the page history, it looks like you adopted that page a while ago but haven't worked on it yet.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:21 pm

rgg wrote:I guess it's fixed now.

I fixed it yesterday. It was a vote from a deleted member that wasn't removed when the member was deleted.

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
gimpilator

gimpilator

by gimpilator » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:20 am

Thanks Matt! I know it's a very small matter, but often it's the little things that drive me bonkers.

rgg wrote:By the way, for Mount Townsend you yourself voted that it needs major updates. Judging by the page history, it looks like you adopted that page a while ago but haven't worked on it yet.

Rob, You bring up a good point. Both the Sloan page and Townsend page need updates. I adopted the Townsend page only yesterday (or was it the day before that). I actually keep a text document for all the new pages I plan to make, and all the ones I have committed to update through adoption. If only the rest of life would leave me alone, so that I could spend all my time on Summitpost. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback