Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
 

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Josh Lewis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:49 am

Matt, if commas are not allowed to be inserted into the elevation data, there should be a validator setup to prevent the post from even submitting (with a friendly message telling the user).
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 2278
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States
Thanked: 474 times in 324 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:33 am

True, thought about that when I read the post.
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Buz Groshong » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Seems to be something wrong with "Mountains and Rocks." The first five entries have no names and their pictures don't work.
User Avatar
Buz Groshong

 
Posts: 2806
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Thanked: 675 times in 475 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby rgg » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:Seems to be something wrong with "Mountains and Rocks." The first five entries have no names and their pictures don't work.


Strange, but I'm not so sure it's a problem with "Mountains and Rocks", because all these five are by SP user nikolai, and the value of Last Edited is Oct 26, 2013 for all of them. So, either he did something to his pages himself or there is a problem specifically for his pages.
Now, if he did it himself, I don't understand why he would delete even the name, yet leave an empty page. Hec, I didn't even know that it was possible to delete the name of an object.

If it is a bug, I hope there is a system backup with which to restore his pages. With a bit of googling, I got this list:

http://www.summitpost.org/flagstaff-hill/228763
http://www.summitpost.org/mcafee-knob/280069
http://www.summitpost.org/harkening-hill/281755
http://www.summitpost.org/kelly-knob/282985
http://www.summitpost.org/rabbit-mountain/764113

I hope this is enough to restore them.
User Avatar
rgg

 
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:15 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Thanked: 96 times in 76 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby anita » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 pm

how can I disable email notifications?
I tried the old fashioned way (ie: disabling through user cp) but I am still getting email notifications and I just got about 150 notifications, after cleaning up ohhh, about 300 from earlier this morning.

is this a joke?
User Avatar
anita

 
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Thanked: 890 times in 565 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:56 pm

anita wrote:how can I disable email notifications?

Which ones? From the forum or from the main part of the site?
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby anita » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm

PM email notifications
User Avatar
anita

 
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Thanked: 890 times in 565 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:24 pm

anita wrote:PM email notifications

You've disabled them by selecting the "No" radio button in your control panel, but are still receiving them? I just took a look at your profile and it appears that the "Yes" radio button is still selected...
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby anita » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:25 pm

I did it twice.
edit: under the board preferences tab

I checked 'no' under the profile tab as well just now. didn't realize the options would be under both.
User Avatar
anita

 
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 am
Location: Montreal, Canada
Thanked: 890 times in 565 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby toxo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:38 pm

When will newly registered users be disallowed from PMing? How about a PM flood limit?

What if someone did this to the entire membership?
User Avatar
toxo

 
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:21 am
Location: , United States
Thanked: 621 times in 418 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:49 pm

toxo wrote:How about a PM flood limit?

Just finished up. Feel free to test for me :) Obviously the rate at which PMs can be sent can be adjusted...
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

The following user would like to thank Montana Matt for this post
Luc, toxo

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Josh Lewis » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:47 am

The first 5 mountain/rocks do not display: http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/ :? They appear deleted, but some how there are not?
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 2278
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States
Thanked: 474 times in 324 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby rgg » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Josh Lewis wrote:The first 5 mountain/rocks do not display: http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/ :? They appear deleted, but some how there are not?


Yes, Buz noted this before, and I went on to figure out which mountains these had been:

rgg wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:Seems to be something wrong with "Mountains and Rocks." The first five entries have no names and their pictures don't work.


Strange, but I'm not so sure it's a problem with "Mountains and Rocks", because all these five are by SP user nikolai, and the value of Last Edited is Oct 26, 2013 for all of them. So, either he did something to his pages himself or there is a problem specifically for his pages.
Now, if he did it himself, I don't understand why he would delete even the name, yet leave an empty page. Hec, I didn't even know that it was possible to delete the name of an object.

If it is a bug, I hope there is a system backup with which to restore his pages. With a bit of googling, I got this list:

http://www.summitpost.org/flagstaff-hill/228763
http://www.summitpost.org/mcafee-knob/280069
http://www.summitpost.org/harkening-hill/281755
http://www.summitpost.org/kelly-knob/282985
http://www.summitpost.org/rabbit-mountain/764113

I hope this is enough to restore them.


Now I think it's up to Matt to have a look at it.
User Avatar
rgg

 
Posts: 434
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:15 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Thanked: 96 times in 76 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Josh Lewis » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:07 am

Not even the elves can remove those. :o
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 2278
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States
Thanked: 474 times in 324 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.