Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Scott
Forum Moderator

Re: Votes disappearing

by Scott » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm

hansw wrote:I noticed that several votes and comments have disappeared from the front page TR “Remember the Matterhorn” today (January 25). The reason is not leaving members.

It appears that this is because SP has reverted back to the version from January 23. I lost the page I created yesterday as well.

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
hansw, T. White

mrchad9

Re: Report Bugs Here

by mrchad9 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:40 pm

We continue to see the negative effects of Barack Obama

T. White
Forum Moderator

by T. White » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:49 am

Scott wrote:
hansw wrote:I noticed that several votes and comments have disappeared from the front page TR “Remember the Matterhorn” today (January 25). The reason is not leaving members.

It appears that this is because SP has reverted back to the version from January 23. I lost the page I created yesterday as well.

I also made several log entries yesterday, which've now vanished. Wonder if they'll ever be restored?
(Edit: Looks like they weren't, so I went ahead and re-wrote them)
Last edited by T. White on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alberto Rampini

by Alberto Rampini » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Scott wrote:It appears that this is because SP has reverted back to the version from January 23. I lost the page I created yesterday as well.

I lost two pics posted on January 24 as well.

T. White
Forum Moderator

by T. White » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:15 pm

I'm not sure if the following is a bug or a "feature" with Advanced Search, but I'm no longer seeing the option of searching by proximity to long/lat coordinates. I'm also unable to narrow results by proximity that show up in the map page for a particular mountain.

Gangolf Haub
Forum Moderator

by Gangolf Haub » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:29 am

The "attach" feature doesnt seem to work at the moment. I keep getting redirected to a logon page

lsheen

by lsheen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:43 pm

The 90 DAYS option for the last 3 <BEST NEW STUFF> categories are still stuck on Trip Reports.

Big Lew

Silvia Mazzani
Forum Moderator

by Silvia Mazzani » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:33 pm

On the Front Page the images accompanying the FEATURED MOUNTAINS, ROUTES, TRIPS AND ARTICLES are distorted. I explain myself better: images are very elongated in the vertical sense. This is of bad effect considering that it is right on the opening page of the site.
Another question: on the page of the members' profile I cannot find in any way the possibility to browse all the images.
Either I am blind or missing the scroll string to search page by page for all images. I can only see 30 images "Highest score" and 30 images "Most recent".

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:06 pm

T. White wrote:I'm not sure if the following is a bug or a "feature" with Advanced Search, but I'm no longer seeing the option of searching by proximity to long/lat coordinates. I'm also unable to narrow results by proximity that show up in the map page for a particular mountain.

Those features were removed.
lsheen wrote:The 90 DAYS option for the last 3 <BEST NEW STUFF> categories are still stuck on Trip Reports.

Thanks, found it and fixed it.
Silvia Mazzani wrote:On the Front Page the images accompanying the FEATURED MOUNTAINS, ROUTES, TRIPS AND ARTICLES are distorted. I explain myself better: images are very elongated in the vertical sense. This is of bad effect considering that it is right on the opening page of the site.

Yes, we had worked a lot on fixing that but never arrived at an elegant solution. We'll continue to work on it. The designer I'm working with says he has some ideas.
Silvia Mazzani wrote:Either I am blind or missing the scroll string to search page by page for all images. I can only see 30 images "Highest score" and 30 images "Most recent".

Oh, you're right. The page isn't showing on that page. I'll look into that.

hansw

by hansw » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:43 pm

I have many non-working videos on my pages. Seems to be related to the new design?
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:07 pm

hansw wrote:I have many non-working videos on my pages. Seems to be related to the new design?

Anything that is not HTTPS will no longer work on pages without explicitly clicking on the "Load unsafe scripts" (at least that's the option on Google Chrome). Anything included in a page that is HTTP only presents a security risk.

hansw

by hansw » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
hansw wrote:I have many non-working videos on my pages. Seems to be related to the new design?

Anything that is not HTTPS will no longer work on pages without explicitly clicking on the "Load unsafe scripts" (at least that's the option on Google Chrome). Anything included in a page that is HTTP only presents a security risk.

Please advice how to write to include a YouTube-clip in the new design.

Edit. Ok, I understand. But I don’t think people in general understand what they should do to see the videos. Instead they see only a lot of emty spaces.

And what to do to see the videos on android phones?
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman

Gangolf Haub
Forum Moderator

by Gangolf Haub » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:48 am

Caught another bug on any (?) page that has many pictures, so that a button "view gallery" will appear at the bottom of the page beneath the first 20 or 30 picts. This "view gallery" button doesn't work as it doesn't use the ID of the page but rather the ID of the least popular picture (or thereabouts). The link in the left side bar on top of the page works. Example:

Page:
https://www.summitpost.org/lanzarote/482040

left sidebar:
https://www.summitpost.org/lanzarote/images/p-482040

bottom of page "view gallery":
https://www.summitpost.org/lanzarote/images/p-763300

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:09 pm

hansw wrote:Edit. Ok, I understand. But I don’t think people in general understand what they should do to see the videos. Instead they see only a lot of emty spaces.

And what to do to see the videos on android phones?

I'll have to look into this because I've not experimented at all yet with videos. There are a lot of other things to address as well, and this one isn't highest priority, but I have it on my list and will get to it soon.
Gangolf Haub wrote:Caught another bug on any (?) page that has many pictures, so that a button "view gallery" will appear at the bottom of the page beneath the first 20 or 30 picts. This "view gallery" button doesn't work as it doesn't use the ID of the page but rather the ID of the least popular picture (or thereabouts). The link in the left side bar on top of the page works. Example:

Thanks for pointing this one out Gangolf and clearly explaining it. I looked at it and this one is odd. It has something to do with the query, though that shouldn't have changed. The server configuration did change, so I'll have to debug this one. It wasn't immediately obvious what was the cause of the problem.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback