Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Bubba Suess » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:56 pm

reboyles wrote:My profile photo is shoved to the right and isn't scaled correctly. I uploaded it again and it looked fine but when I logged in this morning it's hosed again.

Bob

Second that.
Bubba Suess

The following user would like to thank Bubba Suess for this post
Phenom

Postby Josh Lewis » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:48 pm

What in the world? Voting is instant now!! I will have to change some words in my clean up SummitPost article due to this new change. :)
Josh Lewis

Postby JHH60 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:47 pm

I just posted a comment on this thread:

http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=68663

and noticed that when I am not signed in I can't see the comment, but can see it when I'm signed in.
JHH60

Postby ZeeJay » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:28 pm

When I click on "Lat/Lon:" on a mountain page or trip report I get all the pages within 100 miles of that lat/lon. If I change the 100 to 50 say, and click "Go", then I get the message "Could not geocode City, State or US Zip" and get inappropriate results.
ZeeJay

Postby reboyles » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:59 pm

I looked at my user page, it's fixed and the page load time seems much better too.

Thanks,

Bob
reboyles

Postby Phenom » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:22 am

Montana Matt wrote:With regards to the messed up profile images, take a look again and let me know if it's fixed now. I believe it should be.

This happened because of preparations to move SP to a new, faster server. If you're reading this, SP is on the new server. The site should be quite a bit faster now.

Jack is back. Thank you Matt. :o

Phenom

Postby Phenom » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:31 am

Bob Sihler wrote:This sounds like what happens when the file size is too large. If it's over 8 mb, you get a blank screen.

I forgot about that. Got the images up after resizing. Thanks Bob, looks like I need to post more often. 8)
Phenom

Postby ZeeJay » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
ZeeJay wrote:When I click on "Lat/Lon:" on a mountain page or trip report I get all the pages within 100 miles of that lat/lon. If I change the 100 to 50 say, and click "Go", then I get the message "Could not geocode City, State or US Zip" and get inappropriate results.

Yeah, that's been broken for a while. Been on my list of things to fix...thanks for the reminder!

EDIT: I just tried it for one page and it seemed to work just fine. Odd...what page is it that you're seeing the error message for?

I've gotten it on every page I've tried it on, honest. Three examples are "Grassy Mountain (Ut)", "Craner Peak (UT)", and "71 Mountain".

Also, in the process of trying it again, I used the upper right hand search for "Mountains & Rocks", and it didn't work when I wasn't signed in. It got me the home page and I tried it 3 times, I swear to God. It worked fine after I signed in.
ZeeJay

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback