Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Arthur Digbee wrote:Out of curiosity (bad Arthur, BAD), I just tried to upload an image. FAIL. So apparently Matt's scripts are still causing trouble.

PAROFES wrote:Am i the only one experiencing several problems with sp?

vancouver islander wrote:No, you're not alone. Can't edit, uploads slow or fail completely. Doesn't look like Matts efforts to speed things up are having an effect yet.

I'm guessing that we should send out a global message so that everyone is aware that things will be slow and/or unusable until I'm able to get these scripts done. I've posted it several times in the forum, but the question keeps coming up again and again, so a global message is probably the way to go.
vancouver islander wrote:During times of light traffic, say after 11pm PDST, things improve considerably. However, the site is still in far from good shape.

That's usually when I go to bed and my scripts almost always die shortly afterward.
Hyadventure wrote:Also why is my name red now?

When a user is online, their name is red.
Hyadventure wrote:In the Forum, when I click on a users name, the link does not work.

The link under the avatar is providing a different functionality now. If you click on the username, it puts their username in the quick reply box at the bottom of the page. I'm not a fan of it, so I might change it to link to their profile page. However, the avatar does link to their profile page.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby PAROFES » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Another bug i notice:

I'm looking at photos uploaded in previous date (sep 28, 2010), but when you access the image page, it shows todays date, but when you look at the votes you have sure that in fact they were uploaded yesterday and not today, because you can see votes done at 28 and not 29.

If i see something new, i'll report here.

Good luck Matt, SP is giving you a hard time lately hehehe
PAROFES

Postby PAROFES » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:44 pm

In fact, now the time should be 11:44 am!
(the site shows 4:44pm!)
PAROFES

Postby Montana Matt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:51 pm

PAROFES wrote:I'm looking at photos uploaded in previous date (sep 28, 2010), but when you access the image page, it shows todays date, but when you look at the votes you have sure that in fact they were uploaded yesterday and not today, because you can see votes done at 28 and not 29.

Can you provide a link to a page that has the issue you're describing?
PAROFES wrote:In fact, now the time should be 11:44 am!

Everywhere on the site, with the exception of the forums, the time displayed is GMT. When you made your post above, it was in fact 4:44pm GMT.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby mrchad9 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:56 pm

Previously the time shown for photos was US Eastern time. Has that changed?

I tried testing, but the site timed out when I tried to upload.
mrchad9

Postby Day Hiker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
PAROFES wrote:I'm looking at photos uploaded in previous date (sep 28, 2010), but when you access the image page, it shows todays date, but when you look at the votes you have sure that in fact they were uploaded yesterday and not today, because you can see votes done at 28 and not 29.

Everywhere on the site, with the exception of the forums, the time displayed is GMT. When you made your post above, it was in fact 4:44pm GMT.

Actually, it was 15:44 GMT, not 16:44. The time displayed was GMT+1, which wouldn't be explainable, except I think I noticed the default time zone in Board preferences is "Eurotrash/London," which is GMT+1 right now.

I changed mine to "America/SouthernCaliforniaUrbanCraphole," and it displays my local time correctly, since I'm in that time zone (PDT or GMT-7).

I preferred GMT, but I saw no setting for that.
Day Hiker

Postby PAROFES » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Montana Matt wrote:

for instance, this one: http://www.summitpost.org/image/666031/ ... -topo.html
By Marc, i was online at the time he uploaded that photo last night. there is several others.

Subscription: Submitted by Marcsoltan on Sep 29, 2010 3:56 am
And even so, the first vote was mine last night, at 11:50 pm.
PAROFES

Postby PAROFES » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:00 pm

that can be quite confusing hehehe

Ah, until last week it was like that: If here i am at noon, at SP is 11am (always 1 hour behind Brasil), easy. Now it is mixed up...i'm kinda lost here :)

So, that changed, i got that. But apparently is not working properly right?
PAROFES

Postby kamil » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Hyadventure wrote:In the Forum, when I click on a users name, the link does not work.

The link under the avatar is providing a different functionality now. If you click on the username, it puts their username in the quick reply box at the bottom of the page. I'm not a fan of it, so I might change it to link to their profile page. However, the avatar does link to their profile page.

There are users without avatars, in their case one can't get to their profile directly from the forum.
kamil

Postby Montana Matt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Day Hiker wrote:Actually, it was 15:44 GMT, not 16:44. The time displayed was GMT+1, which wouldn't be explainable

Well, actually it might be. The date on all objects is coming from the date that's on the machine, which is EDT and is subject to Daylight Savings Time. My guess is that's where the extra hour is coming from.
Day Hiker wrote:I think I noticed the default time zone in Board preferences is "Eurotrash/London," which is GMT+1 right now.

That time only affects the time displayed on the forums.
Day Hiker wrote:I preferred GMT, but I saw no setting for that.

"Africa/Casablanca" should give you GMT.
PAROFES wrote:for instance, this one: http://www.summitpost.org/image/666031/ ... -topo.html
By Marc, i was online at the time he uploaded that photo last night. there is several others.

Subscription: Submitted by Marcsoltan on Sep 29, 2010 3:56 am
And even so, the first vote was mine last night, at 11:50 pm.

Hmmm, yep, I see. That's odd. I'll have to look into what's going on there. I'm guessing that this has been a problem since the inception of SPv2. I'm not sure why the vote time and the photo creation time are out of sync.
kamil wrote:There are users without avatars, in their case one can't get to their profile directly from the forum.

Good point. I'll change that in the template file soon. But actually, you still can get to their profile by clicking on their name in the main part of the post after the "by" and before the post date.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby rhyang » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:30 pm

This is more of a question than a bug report. Under User Control Panel is a tab for Board Preferences. There are a number of options under Edit Global Settings, including Notify me on new private messages.

Just wondering if this actually works .. is it supposed to send an email upon receipt of a PM ? It would be kind of cool if it does -- this is a feature I've wanted for a few years. But as far as I can tell it doesn't yet do that.
Taaaake !
rhyang

Postby PAROFES » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Montana Matt wrote:Hmmm, yep, I see. That's odd. I'll have to look into what's going on there. I'm guessing that this has been a problem since the inception of SPv2. I'm not sure why the vote time and the photo creation time are out of sync.

Thanks Matt, just trying to help! I'm sure eventually you will find the problem.

Cheers and happy climbings!
PAROFES

Postby Montana Matt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:14 pm

rhyang wrote:This is more of a question than a bug report. Under User Control Panel is a tab for Board Preferences. There are a number of options under Edit Global Settings, including Notify me on new private messages.

Just wondering if this actually works .. is it supposed to send an email upon receipt of a PM ? It would be kind of cool if it does -- this is a feature I've wanted for a few years. But as far as I can tell it doesn't yet do that.

Unfortunately no, it doesn't work. I've been meaning to implement an option to receive email notification when a PM is received for a _very_ long time now. After the work is done with fixing other more pressing things related to server stability, I'll probably look into working on this.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby PAROFES » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:05 am

Well Matt, i feel like saying that the photo upload, page creation and edit are much, much better!
PAROFES

Postby MoapaPk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:47 am

Does the e-mail feature work... or does it still send all e-mail messages to a bit-bucket?
MoapaPk

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback