Revert back to old versions of page

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Josh Lewis

Re: Revert back to old versions of page

by Josh Lewis » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Of course there is! :) Here's an example for you Scott: http://www.summitpost.org/object_histor ... _id=150528

On the editor menu you will see an option called "View History" which is to the left of the delete link. Keep in mind that it only saves three versions.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:19 pm

Of course there is! :) Here's an example for you Scott: http://www.summitpost.org/object_histor ... _id=150528

On the editor menu you will see an option called "View History" which is to the left of the delete link. Keep in mind that it only saves three versions.

Thanks. That's what I've tried, and it allows me to view the old version, but when I try to edit, the page reverts back to the previously newest version.

If I delete the new version, will it revert back to the last old version and keep all current attachments et al? I was afraid to try that.

Maybe I'll mess with it using a fake page.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:39 am

Versions don't care what you do to your page. So if you wipe the page clean, they will sit there until you use them. Same goes for the page. If you delete any of the versions, it won't affect your page either. This is actually a good thing. :) Deleting the new version should not effect your page as long as it's not the actual page itself.

But by all means, test this out to see how it works for you on a test page. Earlier on in SPV3 I recall content versions giving me trouble which it did not in SPV2. But I think it was fixed.

I should also ask, did you use the "Revert to object version #" feature? This is important when reverting the page. Again, test it on a test page considering that I haven't needed this for a long time.

Return to Site Feedback