Four of us will be heading to France for the last week of August and the first week of September. Would appreciate your advice around:
- what to expect in terms of crowds, which areas to avoid for more isolation?
- what kind of weather and temps should we expect and dress for this time of year and recommended areas?
- we are crack/trad/sport climbers, but want to make the most of a trip to this region, so will be focusing on enjoying the alpine scenery and routes associated with that --- what areas/mountains/walls/crags do you recommend?
- we are thinking to stay in huts for several days at a time, maybe go down to clean-up/re-stock a few times, any particular huts to look for that are near the recommended climbs?
- we have a lot of flexibility in terms of where we go in France (or even surrounding countries) to get the best experience (routes, weather, scenery, less crowds, etc.), what is great/ideal?
Thank you in advance for your advice!