Rotstok Klettersteig?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
marving

Rotstok Klettersteig?

by marving » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Anyone know if it matters which way you do it, ie from Wart and down to Eigergletscher station, or scramble up from Eigergletscher and take the klettersteig down? Just seems like it would make more sense to walk up to Eigergletscher, and keep heading east over the Rotstok down to Alpigen? Or is the experience better coming up the via ferrata?

mountainmanjohn

Re: Rotstok Klettersteig?

by mountainmanjohn » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:17 pm

I would go up. you can traverse left from the station if I remember correctly. Its only about 20 mins to the bottom Ladder. Its not a perfect continuous Ferrata so I would say Up is best. Have a great trip...........................or I hope you had a great trip

no avatar
marving

by marving » Wed May 13, 2015 2:11 am

mountainmanjohn wrote:I would go up. you can traverse left from the station if I remember correctly. Its only about 20 mins to the bottom Ladder. Its not a perfect continuous Ferrata so I would say Up is best. Have a great trip...........................or I hope you had a great trip

we didn't bother, didn't seem that interesting, especially compared to the via ferrata we did in the dolomites. enjoyed the gimmelwald via ferrata though, but it's a modern gimmicky style, but fun none the less.

no avatar
marving

by marving » Wed May 13, 2015 2:14 am

mountainmanjohn wrote:I would go up. you can traverse left from the station if I remember correctly. Its only about 20 mins to the bottom Ladder. Its not a perfect continuous Ferrata so I would say Up is best. Have a great trip...........................or I hope you had a great trip

we didn't bother, didn't seem that interesting, especially compared to the via ferrata we did in the dolomites. enjoyed the gimmelwald via ferrata though, but it's a modern gimmicky style, but fun none the less.

Return to Europe