San Gorgonio in mid to late March

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
EastKing

San Gorgonio in mid to late March

by EastKing » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:45 am

Putting a trip on the table right now. Last trip I only got Charlton Peak before turning around due snow conditions. I took the wrong route up which did not help. So I heading down to California for another shot at San Gorgonio and looking for partners. I will be approaching from the South Fork Trailhead where I will be camping at the Dollar Saddle for a couple of nights. Here will be the itinerary.

Day 1- Head up the South Fork Trail to Dollar Saddle to set up camp.
Day 2-Head up to summit San Gorgonio and the eastern section of the high San Bernadinos (ie Jepson, etc.)
Day 3-Head up to San Bernadino and Anderson Peak; Possibly head down that evening or the next mornng.

I will be bring snowshoes, helmet, ice axe crampons and a shovel. I now know to expect less than ideal snow conditions from my last trip there. Looking for a couple of people who are interested in doing this. I also have this trip on the Plans and Partners as well. Please PM me if interested. I will need to know by next week so I can take off of work.

-EK

Return to California