Shasta or Rainier April/May 2014

Find climbing partners in California
BigMitch

Shasta or Rainier April/May 2014

by BigMitch » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 am

I would like climb Mt. Shasta or Rainier in late April or May 2014, and looking for an experienced and technically competent partner or team to join. I am flexible on dates.

I am thinking of redoing Casaval Ridge on Shasta or Kautz Glacier on Rainier, but am open to other intermediate-level routes on Rainier, Baker, Shasta, and the like. I am flexible on the climb.

I have taken a multitude of mountaineering (skills and expedition) and ice courses (Ouray) and have been up Rainier (2x DC, 1x Kautz), Baker (CD), Shuksan (SG), and Shasta (CR).

I am no mountain guide, but I have organized and lead experienced teams up the DC and Kautz.

I am looking for partner or team of similar or more experience and a high degree of technical training.

If you don't have a team, but are interested in forming one with suitable others, please drop me a PM and maybe we can organize a climb.

Thank you

clmbr

Re: Shasta or Rainier April/May 2014

by clmbr » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:46 am

I'm thinking about going back to the Cascades next year for my annual road trip. However, May may be too early. June/July is usually more interesting.

Return to US - California