Sleeping Pad

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
strat1080

by strat1080 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Cutty, I'm very skeptical that you could survive a night anywhere high up on K2 without a sleeping pad. In fact, I'm convinced you would freeze to death in a matter of hours. There isn't a single sleeping bag available that has enough insulation underneath you to keep you warm in those conditions. If you read the forum, you will see that quie a few people rough it up in the mountains. Quite a few are recommending sleeping pads shorter than full length to save weight. I do the same. It would simply be idiotic to camp up high on snow with no form of sleeping pad. This is just common sense. The insulation in sleeping bags compresses beneath you. You would conductively lose lots of heat due to having your back resting on a very cold surface. Yes dude, you're a troll who obviously knows nothing about climbing mountains.

no avatar
mtelephant

by mtelephant » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:07 am

I have a Thermarest NeoAir and I really like it. I used it on Shasta in the snow and I was very comfy. I have used other pads and, for me, the thickness is really great. I am a side sleeper so the thickness makes a real difference on the shoulder and hip bones.

Not cheap but a good night's sleep is worth every penny.

Captain Beefheart

Re: Pads, "what are they good for?"

by Captain Beefheart » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:18 am

cutty wrote:
Captain Beefheart wrote:
cutty wrote:Dear Absent 52,
Your name is fitting as it seems you were absent when manhood arrived. I can dispell your sleeping pad problems right now.....don't use one. They are for pussy's who can't rough the outdoors. Need a sleeping pad? Get a Winnebego and a jar of granola and leave us real outdoorsman to do the climbing.

Your a douche-bag... at best! Go back to lurking on SuperTopo. Show your face in the mountains and it will be pounded upon.

Captain Beefheart??? Really??? And you are going to pound my face in the mountains with a faggot name like that? Judging by your Avatar, you wouldn't even make it out of the Gay bar neverless make it to the trailhead.

Yes, really! Even with my "faggot name" I will own you.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:24 am

"Deleted User" in . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Smoove910

by Smoove910 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Day Hiker wrote:"Deleted User" in . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Thank..... you!!!!

Previous

Return to Gear