Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Solo Bid in Pakistan Gets Shut Down

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.

Solo Bid in Pakistan Gets Shut Down

Postby peladoboton » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:55 am

Not that I condone this guy's approach, but the guy's got nuts to be a white guy tromping around the Peshwar Province with a pistol and a sword:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100616/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan_bin_laden_hunter
peladoboton

Postby mrchad9 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:11 am

Either that or he is just mentally ill...

or did it because his kidneys are killing him anyway.
mrchad9

Postby butitsadryheat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:04 am

mrchad9 wrote:Either that or he is just mentally ill...

or did it because his kidneys are killing him anyway.

Could be either. I'm not sure what is more concerning. His actions, or the comments on the bottom of the page. :shock:
butitsadryheat

Postby simonov » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:22 pm

butitsadryheat wrote:I'm not sure what is more concerning. His actions, or the comments on the bottom of the page. :shock:

Yahoo News commentators are desperately trying to out-stupid the commentators on YouTube. It's a close race, but I think the YouTubers are still ahead by a nose.
simonov

Postby Ejnar Fjerdingstad » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:07 pm

All the same, it is a shame he didn't succeed! :evil:
Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Postby Tonka » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:33 pm

His brother was on the Today Show this morning and it was pretty interesting. The guy is a passionate American and not some crazed lunatic. He had a plan and had been to Pakistan 6 times. He also wore a beard, dressed as the Taliban would and fit in very well. Not something I would do but for him to spend as much time as he did over there he must have been doing something right. Seems much more thought out than just a nut going off.
Tonka

Postby mrchad9 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Tonka wrote:His brother was on the Today Show this morning and it was pretty interesting. The guy is a passionate American and not some crazed lunatic. He had a plan and had been to Pakistan 6 times. He also wore a beard, dressed as the Taliban would and fit in very well. Not something I would do but for him to spend as much time as he did over there he must have been doing something right. Seems much more thought out than just a nut going off.

This guy is passionate, intelligent, thoughtul, and systematic. And he has a beard too! Doesn't mean he's not a nut.

mrchad9

Postby butitsadryheat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Tonka wrote:His brother was on the Today Show this morning and it was pretty interesting. The guy is a passionate American and not some crazed lunatic. He had a plan and had been to Pakistan 6 times. He also wore a beard, dressed as the Taliban would and fit in very well. Not something I would do but for him to spend as much time as he did over there he must have been doing something right. Seems much more thought out than just a nut going off.

Apparently he had good relations with many local leaders. He was also headed into an area known for harboring these types. He was apprehended quickly when he reached a certain area, which says something about his info. Maybe the Pakistani police knew something, and moved to protect someone
butitsadryheat

Postby butitsadryheat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 pm

mrchad9 wrote:

This guy is passionate, intelligent, thoughtul, and systematic. And he has a beard too! Doesn't mean he's not a nut.

Get Kaczynski's book, and Al Gore's book, and read passages from each, side by side, and try to determine who the author was without looking at the cover. Almost impossible. :lol:
butitsadryheat

Postby Tonka » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:55 pm

mrchad9 wrote:

Well, you got me there :lol:
Tonka

Postby mrchad9 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:06 pm

zodis wrote:There is a 27 million dollar reward for finding Osama-bin-Hidin'.

I didn't know about the other 2 million. That gets me off the fence. Let's get a SummitPost possie together and go get killed.
mrchad9

Postby Buz Groshong » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:49 pm

mrchad9 wrote:

I didn't know about the other 2 million. That gets me off the fence. Let's get a SummitPost possie together and go get killed.

You didn't know how to spell posse either! :wink:
Buz Groshong

Postby mrchad9 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:

You caught me putting the appropriate amount of thought and consideration in that post. :D
mrchad9

Postby Buz Groshong » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:22 pm

mrchad9 wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:

You caught me putting the appropriate amount of thought and consideration in that post. :D

Sometimes it's just too hard to resist being a smart ass! :lol:
Buz Groshong

Next

Return to News