Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

SP is dying

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: SP is dying

Postby visentin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:10 am

sjarelkwint wrote:SP is still the main site for content but the users ain't posting anymore ...

Cause almost all known mountains are posted ! :D
Maybe with the crisis people also started to work more, instead of SPing at work ;)
visentin

Postby RyderS » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:43 pm

I know some big swaths of some of the ranges in Western China are pretty much unexplored and remote. So many future range and mountain pages =P! SP documentary expedition anyone?

... also: SPing in class...
RyderS

Postby lcarreau » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:19 am

What may be "exciting" to ONE person may NOT be for someone else.

That's why NEW routes are being done on the same mountain. And, that's why a variety of opinions and experiences is the Spice of Life. :wink:

"Thinkin’ ‘bout the people gone by ..
Screamin’ that I don’t wanna die ...

You can push your head,
But don’t you push it too far
..."

lcarreau

Postby EricChu » Mon May 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Dear fellow SPers, I don't know if I'm being off-topic or not, but I just felt I had to say something here. Something that is not only positive, but really brought tears to my eyes! I am speaking of this thread: parofes-in-hospital-and-needs-good-vibes-t64056.html
I cannot imagine there would be too many other sites on the internet where so much solidarity and good wishes from all over the world to a friend in need are shown. I find this so wonderful!! No, after reading that entire thread, I see that SummitPost is by no means dying! It is something I feel honored to be part of! :-)
Many greetings to all of you,
Eric
EricChu

The following user would like to thank EricChu for this post
chugach mtn boy, Diego Sahagún, lcarreau

Postby splattski » Tue May 14, 2013 12:14 am

All it takes for this to be a great site is for others to participate. Even a little.
You can argue all day about the level of technical climbing, or any other criteria you choose to evaluate the site. But "we" are people; we're not all the same (thank God or whomever). So there is bound to be a difference in our interests, experiences, etc. And that is what makes this such a great site: a diversity of experience but a common love of mountains.

So people, participate! Maybe if you do, perhaps others will follow (we all have a little lemming in us).

You can start by clicking the Thanks button ;-)
splattski

The following user would like to thank splattski for this post
artrock23, EricChu, hansw, lcarreau, montanajames

Postby lcarreau » Tue May 14, 2013 3:38 am

Hey Idahoans ... another reason why SP is so great ... http://www.summitpost.org/the-splattski/553307

Steve seems to be putting his own unique twist on the "splatt-shots" these days. By golly, can almost count the hairs on his god-damned beard ... AMAZING ........ and gotta love his "Oregon Ducks" cap --- yeah.
:D

lcarreau

Previous

Return to Site Feedback