Spantik liners

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
anita

Spantik liners

by anita » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:54 pm

that time of year is around the corner and I am looking to replace the Intuition liners I've been using with my Spantiks.
picked up these boots used and the stock LS liner was really packed down and way too big.
I've read that you can order the Baruntse liners to use with Spantiks? hopefully Dane will chime in...

Fletch

Re: Spantik liners

by Fletch » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 pm

I really like the Baruntse liners, but I use them in the Baruntse's... they will fit in the Spantik's though...

Dane, Kane, Damien, or Radson (or maybe all of them) was telling us about this a few year sback...

http://www.sportiva.com/products/footwe ... ment-liner

anita

by anita » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 pm

thanks..
I read up on the Pulau liners on coldthistle but they don't seem to come with the laces and stuff. I definitely want to be able to lace them up.
Baruntse liners it is then, though I probably need to figure out the size in store.

Dane1

by Dane1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 am

anita wrote:thanks..
I read up on the Pulau liners on coldthistle but they don't seem to come with the laces and stuff. I definitely want to be able to lace them up.
Baruntse liners it is then, though I probably need to figure out the size in store.

Easier to just email me directly if you have a question I can answer. Happy to do it. Don't always get a chance to regularly check in here. BUT..a simple google search of "Baruntse liner in a Spantik" would have got you this:

http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/2010/10 ... iners.html as the third entry down.

sizing suggestion info is in the Q&A below the post.

Baruntse liner is made by Palau. It has a very marginal lace system (what is there works however) and IMO you don't want or need more.

My guess from previous conversatiosn with Anita is her shells are too big for her. Stock Spantik liners don't pack down for the most part and don't easily heat form to any great extent. And more importantly are a LOT thinner than a Intuition Denali liner. If you can get a Intuition liner in your Spantik shell likely the Spantik shell is too big for your foot. My experience anyway. Either way the Baruntse liner that will fit your Spantik needs to be the same size as your Spantik shell size. Full size only...no half sizes. So if you are a 38 1/2 buy a 38 Baruntse liner. A decent insole may help for the sizing if you need to fill up some volume. In this case knowing you have already used the Intuition, I might be tempted to buy a size up in the Baruntse liner just to fill a too big of shell as the Baruntse liners shrink up a size when heated correctly and normally you stretch them back out to fit your feet perfectly. Assuming you'll have a boot fitting pro fit the liners.

anita

by anita » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:49 pm

thanks Dane
I will probably order the Baruntse liners through a shop that actually sells both boots & get the heat molded there (the Mountaineer in Keene, NY)

Return to Gear