SPer Rick Kent Accident

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
MoapaPk

Re: SPer Rick Kent Accident

by MoapaPk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:53 am

Danger Will Robinson! This thread should be about Rick K and pictures of his injuries, cast, titanium screws, etc. We are getting dangerously close to the edge! Mea Culpa!

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 am

Dear lord I wish I wasn't drunk off my ass right now so I could provide a sufficiently worthy response to Daria's last pile of rubbish.

Daria

by Daria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:11 am

I currently have a seriously painful ear infection...its doing funny things to my head :)
I'm the top troll.

Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

by Bob Burd » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:45 am

Daria wrote:
Bob Burd wrote:
Daria wrote:Do I need to start a separate summitpost thread on the virtues of bras-less habits and lifestyle?

By the time you're my age, the downside will be far more apparent. :D

Below are the following reasons for why that is something I won't have to be worried about

<semi-insane rant follows>

These are just a few of the reasons for why I am doomed to be single for the rest of my life

I didn't think sagging breasts were something specific to married or otherwise partnered women, but I stand corrected.

Daria wrote:2. I'm Bob Burd-proclaimed, the "Charles Manson" of peak bagging

Not true. You misread the context from this thread. You were suggesting:
Darija wrote:Which brings me to pointer number 3: Bob, you can just let me do the hike for you, that way you won’t have to worry about it anymore.

to which I replied:
Bob Burd wrote:What, and get the reputation for being the Charles Manson of peakbagging?

See, Mr. Manson was convicted of murder but didn't actually do any of the murders himself. He sent young girls (about your age, I think) to do his bidding for him. So the reference was me as Charles Manson, not you. More impressive (to me) than his abilities to get young women to do his bidding, are his driving skills. Somehow he drove a full-size bus over Mengel Pass:
where not even a Suburu Forester could venture (admittedly many years later). He and his followers were rounded up at their hideout in Butte Valley, somewhere in the vicinity of Manly Peak, which happens to be on the DPS list and therefore MLC SC approved. Did I miss anything?

And if anyone is wondering what all this is doing on a Rick Kent's Accident thread, consider that he will probably find all this very entertaining as it helps take his mind off why Codeine is not an effective pain-reliever. My posts are an act of compassion. :)

The following user would like to thank Bob Burd for this post
John Duffield

Daria

by Daria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:59 am

oops, my bad. I misremembered that comment you made. Glad to learn something new about Manson :)
I'm the top troll.

Daria

by Daria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:03 am

I don't think I'm too far off from becoming charles manson like with my "semi-insane" tendencies, ill just have a slightly different target group..... older men *evil grin*
I'm the top troll.

The following user would like to thank Daria for this post
John Duffield

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:09 am

One of our local climbers/hikers just broke an ankle in Fern Canyon, Red Rock. I was away at the time, so I feel shameful culpability. [edited for decency]
Last edited by MoapaPk on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The following user would like to thank MoapaPk for this post
mrchad9

Daria

by Daria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:11 am

Bob Burd wrote:

More impressive (to me) than his abilities to get young women to do his bidding, are his driving skills. Somehow he drove a full-size bus over Mengel Pass:

People were more hardcore back then. Hell, even in our modern times, the rest of the world is more hardcore than Americans.

Bob Burd wrote:And if anyone is wondering what all this is doing on a Rick Kent's Accident thread, consider that he will probably find all this very entertaining as it helps take his mind off why Codeine is not an effective pain-reliever. My posts are an act of compassion. :)

lol...I love how you have to politely rationalize crazy outbursts of passion and weirdness
I'm the top troll.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:14 am

Bob Burd wrote:Somehow he drove a full-size bus over Mengel Pass

My understanding is that he brought the bus into Barker Ranch from the west, up Goler Wash, which would mean he didn't take it over Mengel Pass. (You only have to go over Mengel if you come from the east.) But Goler Wash is not really in much better shape than Mengel Pass, based on the times I've been there.

Daria

by Daria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:20 am

MoapaPk wrote:She is blond and has quite respectable mammary glands, but to my imperfect knowledge, she always wears a bra. Frankly, I've never asked her, and consider it impolite to stare.

"Not wearing a bra is the single most effective expression of defiance in society for a female. For various reasons." Words of the Intellect by "Daria the Deranged Revolutionary"
I'm the top troll.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:48 am

Yeah... All right. No bras.

You chicks sure put us in our place. Oh the humanity!

BTW... Where did the fucking J in your name go?

Daria

by Daria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:52 am

oh yes, you can add 8. I don't wear deodorant to the list
I'm the top troll.

The following user would like to thank Daria for this post
John Duffield

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 am

WTF? Maybe I am just past my Darija BAL.

rhyang

by rhyang » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Rick Kent wrote:Sucks being on crutches. Some of the simplest things are so difficult. How the hell am I supposed to go to the grocery store.

Safeway.com delivery might help -- I think in Bakersfield they are Vons. I used them some in 2007 when I broke my right foot, and later when I broke my neck.

For trips to get smaller things I brought one of those bike courier bags with me and slung it around my shoulder as I crutched around the store. This will probably have to wait until the pain and swelling subside .. and you're off the opiates :)

Hopefully your car has an automatic transmission. When I broke my left ankle in 1993 I had to get a hand-operated shift lever mounted under the steering wheel so that I could operate the clutch on my car for the three months I was in a cast.

Oh, and welcome to the Team Titanium body parts club :mrgreen:
Taaaake !

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Vons delivers too (around here). You can order your stuff on line and they will pack it and drive it to you. They tend to pick produce rather randomly, but hey, there have to be some compromises.
Last edited by MoapaPk on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to California