Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Suggested Mountains/Routes & People who climb the same stuff

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Suggested Mountains/Routes & People who climb the same s

Postby mrh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Interesting feature. I'm curious how the scores are calculated because I need to manipulate things so more hot climbing chicks show up on my list.
mrh

Postby Arthur Digbee » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:28 am

Funky. Apparently I live in Colorado now.

Which reminds me of a serious point: would it be possible to add log entries for areas/ranges? (I know there's a work-around, which I use, but almost no one else does.) It would provide a nice complement to these new features.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !
Arthur Digbee

Postby Arthur Digbee » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:45 am

Montana Matt wrote:And that Climber's Logs exist and are accessible for Areas/Ranges provided you type in the direct URL:
http://www.summitpost.org/crater-lake-n ... log/151255
But there is no link to the climber's log on the main page.

Or if the page author creates it as a mountain, signs the log, changes it to an area/range, and then manually adds the link to the log URL. (The work-around.)

Montana Matt wrote:Are you asking to just add a link to the Climber's Log from the main Area/Range pages? That should be fairly straightforward if that's all it would take.

That would be great.

It might be useful to do likewise with routes too.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !
Arthur Digbee

Postby Arthur Digbee » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 am

My bad. I don't know if it would be useful for minor stuff like custom objects, logistic centers, huts, and so forth. Certainly you could find other people who like hanging out in the same such places as you. It probably overlaps with mountains and ranges though.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !
Arthur Digbee

Postby mrchad9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:33 am

Montana Matt wrote:
Arthur Digbee wrote:My bad. I don't know if it would be useful for minor stuff like custom objects, logistic centers, huts, and so forth. Certainly you could find other people who like hanging out in the same such places as you. It probably overlaps with mountains and ranges though.

Good thoughts, but you're probably right about the overlap.

I think it would be cool for lists, if someone has done all the State Highpoints, CO 14ers, etc...

BTW- these are interesting features added. So how are the scores determined? Am I overlooking that somewhere?

I'm interested almost 90% of the first two pages of my suggested peaks. And look! Josh is one of my suggested climbing partners. So is 1000Pks!
mrchad9

Postby Bubba Suess » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:41 am

First, thanks Matt for all the work you have been putting into the behind-the-scenes stuff here on Summitpost. Your time and effort benefits all of us.

Second, these are very cool new features and the addition of the climbers log for the area/ranges is another good touch.

Third, I do not want to be annoying , but I really think it would be handy to be able to tag images. Whether pointing out which peaks are which or being able to identify which gully to climb, this would be a really useful tool.
Bubba Suess

Postby Arthur Digbee » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:52 am

Bubba Suess wrote:First, thanks Matt for all the work you have been putting into the behind-the-scenes stuff here on Summitpost. Your time and effort benefits all of us.

Second, these are very cool new features and the addition of the climbers log for the area/ranges is another good touch.

+ 1000

Bubba Suess wrote:Third, I do not want to be annoying , but I really think it would be handy to be able to tag images. Whether pointing out which peaks are which or being able to identify which gully to climb, this would be a really useful tool.

That's a great idea.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !
Arthur Digbee

Postby Nanuls » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi Matt, thanks for all your work, I really like the new features.

I was wondering, would it be possible to display logbook entries on Google maps? So it looks something like the ‘Interactive Maps’ link on Mountain/rock pages. I think it would be an interesting way of showing where members climb and might help in finding potential partners.

Cheers
D
dim brys, dim chwys
Nanuls

Postby Dan Shorb » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Like IT. Thanks for the addition!
我不知道杰克
Dan Shorb

Next

Return to Site Feedback