suggestion for a trip in jotunheimen area -Norway-

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
zaf

suggestion for a trip in jotunheimen area -Norway-

by zaf » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi , I will came in norway in the jotunheimen area for 17 to 24 march for dooing some ski tour in the mountains . I stay some day in Boverdal for attempt to climb from Spitersulen the galdopiggen and glittertinden and some other mountain around. I want to do some other tour in the jotunheimen area starting by car or a hut . I can change my location in boverdal and going in another place ,by car, to do some other tour . Can you help me and suggest some beautiful tour to do in that period?
thanks a lot Marco

Doberman

Re: suggestion for a trip in jotunheimen area -Norway-

by Doberman » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:09 pm

zaf wrote:Hi , I will came in norway in the jotunheimen area for 17 to 24 march for dooing some ski tour in the mountains . I stay some day in Boverdal for attempt to climb from Spitersulen the galdopiggen and glittertinden and some other mountain around. I want to do some other tour in the jotunheimen area starting by car or a hut . I can change my location in boverdal and going in another place ,by car, to do some other tour . Can you help me and suggest some beautiful tour to do in that period?
thanks a lot Marco

When staying in Bøverdalen you have the perfect starting point for the peaks on Lomseggi, somewhat 10 peaks above 2000m concentrated in a small area. To get to the Hestbrtepigg-peaks you start at Netosætri in Bøverdalen.

Netosætri to Hestbrepiggene
http://www.etojm.com/Norsk/Topper/Toppk ... eimost.htm

Tomás Blázquez

by Tomás Blázquez » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi, Marco:
I was in Norway in summer 2002. I climbed Galdhopiggen (2.469 m.), the highest mountain in Norway and north Europe. I took a public bus from the neighbouring village of Lom (where you have a wonderful 12th century wooden church and some places to sleep and eat. I slept in a camping, where you can find splendid wooden cabins) to get to Spiterstulen. I started to climb from Spiterstulen (about 1.100 m.), where there is a lodge. The normal way gets to Keil-haus-topp (2.369 m.) following the east ridge (perhaps with skies at this point it will be dangerous), and continues to the visible top. In summer there wasn't snow (stones only) and some glaciers surround this mountain. Other people start to climb from the Juvasshyta hut (north east side), but you have to cross a glacier with some crevices (rope).
I recommend you this mountain, in a wild environment of glaciers, wide "U" valleys and sharp mountains. However, be careful with low temperatures (in august 2002 I was in the top with all my mountain wear, gloves included). Don't forget a GPS: in winter, sunset gets early!
Regreats

Return to Europe