Summit Withdrawl...

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Heartland of the America. Hey, this includes Arkansas. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Midwest US Climbing Partners section.
dwhike

Summit Withdrawl...

by dwhike » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:53 pm

It has now been 1 year, 158 days since I have set foot above the 2000' contour...where in the hell did I go wrong to put myself in this position...I've been a good boy, do you think Santa will send me a mountain for Christmas if I ask nice??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry, just had to vent...

mad maximus

Re: Summit Withdrawl...

by mad maximus » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:36 pm

That is depressing.. I would consider taking up drinking again if that was my story. I would be asking santa for a plane ticket somewhere in the spring.

outofstep80

by outofstep80 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Your telling me. I haven't reached a summit since 06. I have however had lots of fun in the mountains, on some rocks, and on the occasional froozen falls.

The really depressing thing is that I only make it to real honest to goodness mountains 1x a year.

drjohnso1182

by drjohnso1182 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:09 am

Family, religion, friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in climbing. When opportunity knocks, you don't want to be driving to a maternity hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church. Or synagogue.

The following user would like to thank drjohnso1182 for this post
McCannster, welle

Joe White

by Joe White » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 am

drjohnso1182 wrote:Family, religion, friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in climbing. When opportunity knocks, you don't want to be driving to a maternity hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church. Or synagogue.

well...now there's some fightin' spirit!

outofstep80

by outofstep80 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:03 pm

drjohnso1182 wrote:Family, religion, friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in climbing. When opportunity knocks, you don't want to be driving to a maternity hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church. Or synagogue.

Why you got to beat a guy down like that brotha? :D

drjohnso1182

by drjohnso1182 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:37 am

outofstep80 wrote:

Why you got to beat a guy down like that brotha? :D

Hey, I don't get to the mountains any more often than you do, and I don't have any excuses. :oops: It does leave me with a lot of time to watch TV though.

outofstep80

by outofstep80 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:23 pm

You should start a favorite T.V. series thread. I was pretty hurt when they took Heros off the air. :(

welle

by welle » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:59 pm

The guy never mentioned family or work, must be religion what is keeping him in Midwest away from mountains! That's what you get for believing in Santa.

Arthur Digbee

by Arthur Digbee » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:37 pm

welle wrote:

The guy never mentioned family or work, must be religion what is keeping him in Midwest away from mountains! That's what you get for believing in Santa.

Work is tricky, especially if you have a weird skill set. There are probably only 50 positions in the country for which I'd be a plausible candidate. Sort of like being an NFL punter.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !

dwhike

by dwhike » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:16 pm

welle wrote:The guy never mentioned family or work, must be religion what is keeping him in Midwest away from mountains! That's what you get for believing in Santa.

Actually, it results from a lousy choice to relocate from North Carolina to go back to school (leaving NC was the lousy choice, not going back to school)...just serving my time now till I can move back to NC or NH or land that dream job out west!!

Until then, I'll just have to keep living vicariously through you guys...

Bubba Suess

by Bubba Suess » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:11 pm

I feel for you man. Having grown up in northern California, four years of gradschool in Dallas were torture. I remember my third week there thinking "what have I done?!". Fortunately, the Wichita Mountains were close by.

At least you have the UP close by. It is not like you are going to school in Indiana or Iowa or something!
Last edited by Bubba Suess on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The following user would like to thank Bubba Suess for this post
dwhike

Arthur Digbee

by Arthur Digbee » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:06 am

Bubba Suess wrote:At least you have the UP close by. It is not like you are going to school in Indiana of Iowa or something!

Ouch.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !

dwhike

by dwhike » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:50 am

Arthur Digbee wrote:
Bubba Suess wrote:At least you have the UP close by. It is not like you are going to school in Indiana of Iowa or something!

Ouch.

LOL, well, I don't feel too bad for ya Arthur...seems like ya get down to the Smokies quite regularly ;)

Arthur Digbee

by Arthur Digbee » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:56 pm

dwhike wrote:LOL, well, I don't feel too bad for ya Arthur...seems like ya get down to the Smokies quite regularly ;)

Not since last April. But there have been some family things going on that have kept me from doing much of anything.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !

Next

Return to Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)