Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Summitpost.org income estimate

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Postby simonov » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:00 pm

ericwillhite wrote:Summitpost saves me from the time and effort researching peaks and routes that have already been posted.

But what about the time Summitpost has COST you pigfighting on these forums? You're going to have to add that to your spreadsheet.
simonov

Postby Buz Groshong » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:27 pm

redneck wrote:
ericwillhite wrote:Summitpost saves me from the time and effort researching peaks and routes that have already been posted.

But what about the time Summitpost has COST you pigfighting on these forums? You're going to have to add that to your spreadsheet.

Yes, but think of the amusement value of that! You can't get that on cable TV or at the movies, and what would it cost you if you could? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Buz Groshong

Postby Charles » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:
redneck wrote:

Yes, but think of the amusement value of that! You can't get that on cable TV or at the movies, and what would it cost you if you could? :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of 50 cents.
Charles

Postby John Duffield » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:45 pm

redneck wrote:
pigfighting

Wow. I'd never heard of that before. Googled it. Sure 'nuff.

John Duffield

Postby WouterB » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Scott wrote:This coming from two people whom have contributed absolutely nothing at all that is of value to this website? :? :?:

We don't all have the luxury of living near the mountains or being able to climb full-time. I'm sharing as much as I can, if you would've bothered to look, you would've seen that.

Toubkal 10/11/2009
Grossglockner 23/05/2009

MICHAELDAVIES007 wrote:thx again wouter for all the advice, being able to chat to someone who has already been through all this has been immeasurably helpful, you definitely help make this site what it is.
WouterB

Postby Alpinist » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:00 pm

John Duffield wrote:
redneck wrote:
pigfighting

Wow. I'd never heard of that before. Googled it. Sure 'nuff.

Try Googling "Spider Pig"... :mrgreen:

Alpinist

Postby Scott » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:03 am

Both of them are willing to offer some coding for the website because they don't have the chances to go to the mountains that much ...

And yet you want to run one of the biggest mountaineering websites in the world.

I'm sharing as much as I can, if you would've bothered to look, you would've seen that.

Wow! Two whole trip reports and one album (to already well known mountains where no more information is needed anyway).

I have an idea. Why don’t you both start your own website on something you actually do? Oh, and by the way, SP would be much better without you two. Don’t let the door hit your butt on the way out.

I don't find this site to be of much use for beta.

Then why are you here? Oh yeah, to troll, complain and contribute nothing.

SP has plenty of good/high quality beta. Much of the information here can be found no where else.
Last edited by Scott on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott

Postby SoCalHiker » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:42 am

Scott wrote:SP has plenty of good/high quality beta. Much of the information here can be found no where else.

I completely agree.
SoCalHiker

Postby mrchad9 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 am

Dingus Milktoast wrote:
SoCalHiker wrote:
Scott wrote:SP has plenty of good/high quality beta. Much of the information here can be found no where else.

I completely agree.

I agree here as well. I've found easy beta to obscure places, even on my cell phone browser. Its pretty cool!

Doesn't need to catalog everything everywhere, but I personally have profited by the contributions to this site.

Cheers
DMT

Agreed. And I'd wager that just about every member who isn't in the forums likely agrees too (I used this site for several years before even signing up- I finally joined one day because one page was so helpful I wanted to give it a vote).
mrchad9

Summitpost.org income per user

Postby peladoboton » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 pm

given that they are estimating that each Brit forks over a pound each year so ol' Liz can live her 'necessary' life....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100705/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_royal_costs

how much would each SPer make a year if we each got a cut of the earnings, perhaps weighted for contribution (and especially PnP posts :mrgreen: )?
peladoboton

Previous

Return to General