Thank You

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Vitaliy M.

Re: Thank You

by Vitaliy M. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:13 pm

mrchad9 wrote:No sizes for anything changed on the home page (except for the headers and menus). If the amount of space looks different, it is an illusion. Only color changes, rearranged, and a new POTM feature (and other little things that don't affect size or space).

Thank you for clarifying. I am at work at the moment and my screen here is a bit smaller than at home. Still standard for a desktop. :/

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 pm

The funny part is I designed much of that and I have a small screen (1024px). :lol: But I do admit there are a few adjustments that need to take place on the frontpage. The past few days I been pressing for single DIV's for images so that the code is simpler which it was finally implemented today. I suppose I could shift my focus back to the frontpage. For example "New to SummitPost?" needs padding on the left side.

ywardhorner

by ywardhorner » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am

I would also like to say kudos for all the hard work! The site looks great.
Connect with me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/YWardHorner or check out my blog http://blog.yvettewardhorner.com

Vitaliy M.

by Vitaliy M. » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:40 am

Josh Lewis wrote:The funny part is I designed much of that and I have a small screen (1024px). :lol: But I do admit there are a few adjustments that need to take place on the frontpage. The past few days I been pressing for single DIV's for images so that the code is simpler which it was finally implemented today. I suppose I could shift my focus back to the frontpage. For example "New to SummitPost?" needs padding on the left side.

Now that I am at home it looks great. Thank you for hard work you put into it. For now it is hard getting used to the 'new forum posts' line up on the right side instead of the left. I think I can get over that : )

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:42 am

You looked at SP at work?!?!?

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:46 am

A certain elf buddy of mine does that too. :wink:

The following user would like to thank Josh Lewis for this post
Matt Lemke

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:30 am

I also want to thank Matt for the effort he did on the content editor we have in place now. I know he worked hard on it, and it came into effect much faster than I expected. It wasn't a huge pet peeve of mine, but I am glad we have a nice improvement here.

Also...I want to encourage folks to keep providing feedback on what you like and what you don't like. More things are on the to-do list and opinions make a difference.

And here is a big tip... when folks recognize the improvements and acknowledge what they like in addition to what they want changed, he is more inclined to do more... so don't let up!

Previous

Return to Site Feedback