Unique climbing graphic-tees

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
itchshirts

Unique climbing graphic-tees

by itchshirts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:29 am

Hallo everybody!

I'm new on the forum so please be nice to me - I guess I'll do mistakes here and there :)

I'm climber for 14 years. I do multimedia design and occasionally I make graphic t-shirts for climbing events, climbing schools, friends etc. Two months ago, finally I decided to start up a small t-shirts brand focused on climbing (and similar outdoor activities like skydiving, adv motorcycling, nature survival etc).

I wonder what do you think? Do you like it? Do you have any suggestions? Drop by and please leave a comment! www.itchshirts.com

Thanks a lot!

Perica
Last edited by itchshirts on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

itchshirts

Re: Unique climbing graphic-tees brand

by itchshirts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:08 am

Few photos...
ImageImageImageImageImage

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:59 am

do you have one with a can of spam on the front?
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

itchshirts

by itchshirts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:22 am

do you want me to delete a post bscott?

beean

Re: Unique climbing graphic-tees

by beean » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:47 am

I like em, pity the cost is so high.

Ben Beckerich

by Ben Beckerich » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:29 am

I guess I'm too American- I don't really get 'em... but 20 bones for a t-shirt doesn't seem like a huge price to me....? I guess I've just seen way too many $200 t-shirts
where am i going... and why am i in this handbasket?

itchshirts

by itchshirts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:14 am

Thanks for comments beean and Ben Beckerich.

I spend lot of time trying to find true "Climbing" graphic tees. Personally, I like basic, simple, cotton graphic tees a lot and I like to wear something what all the time reminds me of climbing. Unfortunately I can't find good climbing graphic tees around in specialized stores nether I can't find it online. I'm not saying that good t-shirt doesn't exist but just I can't find it! That is why I make tees graphics myself and why i decided to start this.

beean, price is mostly defined by production, shipping, 100% cotton t-shirts purchasing (best I can find!), screen printing and other costs I have. Anyway, I thing that 20 Eur still isn't so huge price for original design, good quality, unique t-shirt.

Ben Beckerish, what about first t-shirt in post? That one with ice tool (instead of L letter) and ice screw's (instead of word "screw")? Don't you find it interesting, that playing with words and climbing equipment?

Anyway, it seems you don't like it :) I should rethink my Idea! :)

Thanks!

surgent

by surgent » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Third one over is a spoof of the Monty Python logo/name, and a follow-up post refers to spam, a famous MPFC skit. I get it.

I hope I am not being Captain Obvious here. If I am, I apologize. If not, please everyone refresh on your various MPFC facts, skits and trivia.

Woodswalker

by Woodswalker » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:34 pm

I don't understand the message on any of those T-shirts.

beean

by beean » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:07 pm

itchshirts wrote:beean, price is mostly defined by production, shipping, 100% cotton t-shirts purchasing (best I can find!), screen printing and other costs I have. Anyway, I thing that 20 Eur still isn't so huge price for original design, good quality, unique t-shirt.

I should have been more clear, 20 euro is a good price, but after it gets shipped to Canada and you pay duty, ends up not being so cheap for a fun shirt.

Keep it up anyway, the 'Love them all, trust a few' is the best!

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:34 pm

I don't understand the message on any of those T-shirts.

I understand three of them, but not the bear or the knot one.

Ben Beckerich

by Ben Beckerich » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Ok, Ok... now I get the screw one.

I think I get the others, except for the clove hitch one... perhaps the picture is too small, and if I could identify all of the hitches on the biner, I'd get it? Perhaps it's demonstrating all the retarded hitches you sometimes end up with when you miss-wrap a correct clove hitch?
where am i going... and why am i in this handbasket?

The following user would like to thank Ben Beckerich for this post
itchshirts

itchshirts

by itchshirts » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:21 pm

:) Thanks a lot for reviews!

It's a big pleasure to read your thoughts!

So, yes, surgent, it's MPFC logo but I made a play with misspelling so now it is "Monty (like Mountain) Piton". That is some kind of my homage to the Trad Climbing and Climbing Pitons! I like Trad Climbing a lot and Clean Climbing as well. Actualy, I guess I like Clean Climbing more than Trad but I just adore the sound of Pitons :). And, obviously, I adore Monty Pyton as well (this one is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U0tDU37q2M) :):):). I don't think that John Cleese would like my "desecration" of MPFC logo but, once upon a time, nothing was sacred to them so... :)

Woodswalker, sorry. Is this any better? :Image or maybe this one: Image

OK beean. I get you. Since you were the first person who said that like itch shirts, I would like to do it right! :) Please go to itchshirts web site and chose any t-shit you like and send me email. I would like to send one itch t-shirt as a gift!!! :) Hope it means something to you! :)

Quote, thanks for replay! Bear (or some kind of ghost maybe?) t-shirt is about "nature" and about that unique feeling of respect of nature's huge power that you can feel once you are somewhere high in the mountains. There is small tent on the picture and you can see two small eyes there, in the tent. Bit above, there is a big fluffy animal/ghost/yeti/creature which is hugging the mountain and have similar small eyes. It looks like both of them are scared a bit. I tried to portrait the relationship between the man and the nature. It could be scary from the beginning but with the time everything changes. Still, respect for the nature remains!
All knots on second shirt are wrong. Ben Beckerich got it! I saw so much wrong Clove Hitch knots (especially made around tree or something) in last 14 years that I found interesting to make a shirt on that topic. It is not so rare that even experienced climbers (like we all think about ourselves :)) forgot how to make basic, no-brainer, clove hitch knot around an object. Besides, I't funny to me to were t-shirt with lot of wrong knots on :)
Hope it's more understandable now?

Ben Beckerich, wouldn't be funny for you to were lot of wrong knots?

Thanks everyone for comments. Really appreciate it!

divnamite

by divnamite » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:10 pm

What's the quality of the T-shirts? The graphics are cool, but I hate those T-shirts that fall apart after 10 washes. $25USD for a cool t-shirt is pretty good price. At least where I live, lol!

itchshirts

by itchshirts » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:46 pm

divnamite, all shirts you can see in this trad are 100% cotton. You can be 100% sure that itchshirts shirts will last for years. 100% cotton shirt must shrink a bit and it is usually 2-4% of shrinkage. If you plan to order itchshirt, don't forget to check your size chart! http://itchshirts.com/itch-shirts-size-chart/

All graphics are printed in screen printing technique! Our print will last even more than shirt!
Since we make t-shirts for outdoor adventurers on the first place, we never make big, thick, rubber, layers paint but very fine, thin, unnoticeable layer of color.
Personally I hate uncomfortable "rubber" front graphic and it is totally unacceptable for me to were that kind of shirts.

Here you can find more info on itchshirts quality :

http://itchshirts.com/itch-shirts-help/
http://itchshirts.com/itch-t-shirts-made/
http://itchshirts.com/itch-shirts-return-policy/

Cheers,
Perica

Next

Return to Gear