Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

User name change request

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
 

Re: User name change request

Postby Ben Beckerich » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 am

Would like to change to full name... Ben Beckerich

Thanks

-Ben
where am i going... and why am i in this handbasket?
User Avatar
Ben Beckerich

 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:24 am
Location: saint helens, Oregon, OR, United States
Thanked: 61 times in 46 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Josh Lewis » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 am

Ben B. is now Ben Beckerich. 8)
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States
Thanked: 475 times in 324 posts

User name change request

Postby ki92 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Can you please change my username to ki!92? Thank you :))
ki92

 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:04 am
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Re: User name change request

Postby Matt Lemke » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:15 pm

ki!92 wrote:Can you please change my username to ki!92? Thank you :))

Done!
User Avatar
Matt Lemke

 
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:34 am
Location: Red Lodge, Montana, United States
Thanked: 94 times in 74 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Matt Lemke » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Ummm....for some reason that username I just changed links back to my profile page????
Why is that? It also doesn't appear under the list of users.
User Avatar
Matt Lemke

 
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:34 am
Location: Red Lodge, Montana, United States
Thanked: 94 times in 74 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Montana Matt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Matt Lemke wrote:Ummm....for some reason that username I just changed links back to my profile page????
Why is that? It also doesn't appear under the list of users.

Could be something to do with an exclamation point in the username. Most special characters like that aren't allowed in usernames.
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 341 times in 184 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Bob Sihler » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Matt Lemke wrote:Ummm....for some reason that username I just changed links back to my profile page????
Why is that? It also doesn't appear under the list of users.

Could be something to do with an exclamation point in the username. Most special characters like that aren't allowed in usernames.


I know what the problem is and can fix it but need to know the previous username. Until this happens, I think the user will be locked out of the forums.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7343
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1862 times in 1049 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Augie Medina » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Question: if I request a use name change, does that change automatically get reflected in your contributions (mountain pages, TR's, etc.) or is the name change soley a "going forward" sort of thing? Thanks.
User Avatar
Augie Medina

 
Posts: 787
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:56 pm
Location: South Pasadena, California, United States
Thanked: 10 times in 7 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Bob Sihler » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Mountain Impulse wrote:Question: if I request a use name change, does that change automatically get reflected in your contributions (mountain pages, TR's, etc.) or is the name change soley a "going forward" sort of thing? Thanks.


It changes everywhere. Only quoted forum posts will retain the previous name.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7343
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1862 times in 1049 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Augie Medina » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:
Mountain Impulse wrote:Question: if I request a use name change, does that change automatically get reflected in your contributions (mountain pages, TR's, etc.) or is the name change soley a "going forward" sort of thing? Thanks.


It changes everywhere. Only quoted forum posts will retain the previous name.


Thanks Bob. I request a user name change to "Augie Medina"
User Avatar
Augie Medina

 
Posts: 787
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:56 pm
Location: South Pasadena, California, United States
Thanked: 10 times in 7 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Josh Lewis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Mountain Impulse is now Augie Medina.
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States
Thanked: 475 times in 324 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Augie Medina » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks Josh.
User Avatar
Augie Medina

 
Posts: 787
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:56 pm
Location: South Pasadena, California, United States
Thanked: 10 times in 7 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Josh Lewis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:25 pm

I changed the username to ki92. I also send an email to the user telling them about how the exclamation mark does not work for the username.
My Websites: Alpine Josh · Alpine Ascent · AceMaps
User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Lynnwood, Washington, The Cloudiest Place on Earth, United States
Thanked: 475 times in 324 posts

The following user would like to thank Josh Lewis for this post
Bob Sihler

Re: User name change request

Postby Bob Sihler » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 am

Josh Lewis wrote:I changed the username to ki92. I also send an email to the user telling them about how the exclamation mark does not work for the username.


So that apparently was the issue. Thanks for dealing with it. There is another problem that sometimes occurs with name changes, and it requires using the ACP and would have been impossible to fix without having the user's prior name.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7343
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1862 times in 1049 posts

Re: User name change request

Postby Snidely Whiplash » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey, can you guys change my name to Snidely Whiplash? Thanks!
User Avatar
Snidely Whiplash

 
Posts: 2508
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: Seahawks Country, United States
Thanked: 677 times in 377 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.