Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Vegas Area Peaks

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Great American Southwest. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Southwest US Climbing Partners section.

Postby cp0915 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Pete, I might be able to get away a day to join you for something. None of the peaks interest me, though, as I've already done them. What others would you be interested in?
cp0915

Postby cp0915 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:34 pm

There are dozens upon dozens of area peaks I've not yet done (though they're nearly all unnamed, if that matters to you). Let me know if you change your mind.
cp0915

Postby cp0915 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 pm

It would be tedious for me to generate a wish list for you. Suffice it to say, the peaks on the list would be obscure.

I could probably join you for a day, but you'd be on your own for the rest. Ball's in your court. Sounds like we're hearing excuses again though. I'm trying; Bob tried a couple weeks back; Moapa (and I) tried a few months before that; etc.
cp0915

Postby Day Hiker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 pm

1000Pks wrote:Does anyone know if there's free Wi-Fi at any campground in DV?

This article claims there is at Furnace Creek and nearby at Sunset Campground:

http://roadsidejournal.rvtravel.com/2008/02/gas-cell-phones-and-wifi-in-death.html

This surprises me, since the area is still in the 20th century when it comes to cell service. Cell phones are completely useless in Death Valley, unless you're one of the 3 people on the planet who still use an analog phone.
Day Hiker

Next

Return to Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)