Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Arctis Expe replacement liners?

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Arctis Expe replacement liners?

Postby the_isalani » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:31 am

Hello,

So I have a pair of Koflach Arctis Expe boots, where the liners have cracked and broken heels, just like this guys:

Am I stuck buying replacement liners from Koflach? These liners have an actual heel on them, that lock into the shell, and I've seen a few posts on various sites where people have replaced the arctis expe liners with Intuition Denali liners, but what do you do about the heel? No one has posted any info on the heel issue, the only thing I've read was "I replaced the stock liners with Intuition liners and now am happy".

Thanks,
TI
the_isalani

Re: Arctis Expe replacement liners?

Postby Cloud Ocean » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:51 am

I am also wondering about the specifics of an Intuition replacement. Do heat-molded intuition liners sit stable in the shell? Do they shift, or 'lock in' like the stock liners do?

The Intuitions also don't have laces. Do people tighten the shell laces to accommodate, or does the boot just ride looser after replacing the liner?
Cloud Ocean

Re: Arctis Expe replacement liners?

Postby ExcitableBoy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:34 pm

I replaced the stock booties in my Scarpa Invernos with Intuition liners. They mold to fit your feet and mold to fit the boot itself, so a heel of sorts should form and lock into the boot. The Intuition actually locks into the boot better than the original liners. The product line of Intuition liners is huge now, and they do have models with tongues and laces. My liners are the original wrap style - no laces- and the fit is definitely sloppier. I would recommend looking hard at the tongue and lace style liners if you go with Intuitions.
ExcitableBoy

Return to Gear