Never Buy Aku Boots

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
tworule

Never Buy Aku Boots

by tworule » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Has anyone experienced problems with these Boots? I have bought an AKU full shank Mustang Boot October 2014. I used it three times and one of the boots started to bend... Normally this should not have happened. I have contacted AKU Italy and after all corresponding emails, I was left with a faulty boot. Their dealer refuses to exchange or inspect even. I have never thought I would experience this negative experience from a reputable company. IT seems they are not that reputable. Anyway,thanks for listening to my ramblings...
Last edited by tworule on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExcitableBoy

Re: Never Buy Aku Boots

by ExcitableBoy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I am a big fan of Sierra Trading Post and they have been selling AKU boots which look to be very nice. This first person feed back is very helpful for less known products. I did buy a super bad ass pair of Kaylands, (Super Ice Pro) which are similar to LS Nepal Top EVOs, but fit my wide foot better and are supposedly warmer.

no avatar
tworule

Re: Never Buy Aku Boots

by tworule » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:12 am

maybe they are acting this way in my country. Or they (AKU) do not care about the customers in my country. I hope you do not have to deal with them if your boots fail. here are some photos of the front bending of the boot.

the non bending boot

Return to Gear