Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Last Minute Hood Climb

Find climbing partners in the Pacific Northwest.

Last Minute Hood Climb

Postby chadbw » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to do a Hood climb tomorrow but missed my chance to get a rental car because I was waiting to see what the weather would be like (I should have just reserved one and cancelled if I didn't need it -- oops). I'm getting into PDX at about 9 this evening and hoping to head up to Timberline Lodge a few hours later for an alpine start. If anyone else if heading up to Hood tomorrow and wouldn't mind giving a guy a lift I'd appreciate it. I'm obviously happy to help pay for gas.

I know it's last minute, but send me a PM if you happen to be heading that way. Also, if there are other climbing boards that may be better for posting this type of question please let me know.

Thanks!
chadbw

Re: Last Minute Hood Climb

Postby Sunny Buns » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:53 am

How about Uber or Lyft or a taxi?

Why can't you rent a car right this minute at the airport?

How about Taxi to edge of the megalopolis on Hwy 26 (east of Gresham) and hitch the rest of the way?

OR you could call 911 and say you are having difficulty breathing because you left your meds at Timberline Lodge, and ride an ambulance up there - but that could be expensive, and you might go to jail! :shock:

In all seriousness, good luck on the ride and the climb.

Google around and see what you find:

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Portland-Air ... line-Lodge

https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... xlx8lo6acE
Sunny Buns

Return to US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)