where to upload GPX tracks on SP?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
johngo

where to upload GPX tracks on SP?

by johngo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Hello summitpost friends,

Is there a place on this big website to upload GPX tracks?
Having a track file for most of not all of the routes here would be incredibly helpful for anyone who wants to try that route.

I have hundreds of tracks that I would be glad to upload and share.

If there is a place on Summit post to upload it tracks and I haven't found it yet, can you please tell me where it is?
Yes there is not a place to load tracks, can you please tell me why?

Thanks, John

rgg
Forum Moderator

Re: where to upload GPX tracks on SP?

by rgg » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:26 pm

johngo wrote:Hello summitpost friends,

Is there a place on this big website to upload GPX tracks?
Having a track file for most of not all of the routes here would be incredibly helpful for anyone who wants to try that route.

I have hundreds of tracks that I would be glad to upload and share.

If there is a place on Summit post to upload it tracks and I haven't found it yet, can you please tell me where it is?
Yes there is not a place to load tracks, can you please tell me why?

Thanks, John

Hello John,

There is no separate place for GPX tracks. Perhaps there will be in the future, for others have asked for it from time to time. I'm in favor for it, but it's not my call. For now, one alternative is to write a trip report and can attach it there. Also, if there is no mountain/rock page or route page yet, then you can write the page and attach your GPX file there. If the page already exists, you can contact the page owner to offer your GPX file; he can upload it if the page doesn't have a GPX file yet. Makes sense for a route page, but I must say that I find it a bit strange for a mountain/rock page: only one file can be uploaded, as if there is just one GPX route!

Cheers, Rob

Return to Site Feedback