Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

The Mountains are Calling - Alpine Movie

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

The Mountains are Calling - Alpine Movie

Postby orifld123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 am

hey guys,
finally finished editing my alpine climbing video.
let me know what you think about it :)
https://youtu.be/SeIRTAZRTL8

Description:
8 stunning days of alpine climbing in Italy & France.

First 4 days we passed a basic alpine course, in which we studied all the basic technics. During this time, we climbed 2 mountains. Castor (4228) was the first one, the edgy summit was amazing but sadly i got almost no video from there since the Gopro froze.
The second was Breithorn (4164), an easy but amazing summit from which Matterhorn is seen well.

On the next 4 days, Elad and me went climbing by ourselves, in the area of Chamonix. From there we went for 2 different peaks:
The first was Mont Blanc du Tacul (4248), and the 2nd was Tete Blanche & Petite Fourche (3520). On the way to the 1st summit, We took the cable car to Aiguille du Midi and slept directly on the glacier in a small alpine tent. The night was very cold, sleeping well was almost impossible, but the view seen from the tent towards the mountain was spectacular. The peak was beautiful & challenging due to ice, and sadly again, the Gopro went out of batteries.

Last peak was Tete Blanche & Petite Fourche (3520). On the first day we climbed to Albert 1er, the view from there to the enormous glacier was stunning. The Next day, early in the morning we climbed Tete Blanche & Petite Fourche. the road was scary due to huge crevasses, and the peak was again challenging because of ice - that's why we used ice screws.
Summit was amazing and the view even more.

Shot with: Gopro5 & Canon 700D.

Song: kopeika - et
orifld123

Return to General