Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

What happened to Borut/ Borutek?

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Re: What happened to Borut/ Borutek?

Postby lcarreau » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:10 am

I was considering going over to "Mountain Project," but this member convinced me to stay ! 8)
lcarreau

Postby Marcsoltan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:48 am

mrchad9 wrote:Now if only another weak member would pack up and go we could then get on with cleaning the rest of the site up.

Chad, I have always respected you and your contributions. Do you really want me to pack up and leave? Your opinion means a lot to me. No joke, no shit.
Marcsoltan

Postby lcarreau » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:05 am

Marcsoltan wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:Now if only another weak member would pack up and go we could then get on with cleaning the rest of the site up.

Chad, I have always respected you and your contributions. Do you really want me to pack up and leave? Your opinion means a lot to me. No joke, no shit.

Hey, Marc .... it's really a joke. The URL is set up to return to the individual user who clicks on it.

It's just an "internet" trick. Chad doesn't want anybody to leave .... well, not that I know of, anyway ...... :wink:
lcarreau

Postby Vitaliy M. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:16 am

LOL! Marcsoltan fell for it!

Damien, I think members should be able to manage their own content in any way they want (keep/edit/delete as they please), just don't delete pages others made and you inherited. That's just like taking a dump on someone's porch after slamming the door.
Vitaliy M.

Postby Marcsoltan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:17 am

lcarreau wrote:
Marcsoltan wrote:

Hey, Marc .... it's really a joke. The URL is set up to return to the individual user who clicks on it.

It's just an "internet" trick. Chad doesn't want anybody to leave .... well, not that I know of, anyway ...... :wink:

Thanks Larry, I was getting ready to pack. It was only a few weeks ago that I thought I was being insulted.
At the end of the day, this fu$#ing Internet shit may not be for me after all.
Marcsoltan

Postby lcarreau » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:24 am

Marcsoltan wrote:At the end of the day, this fu$#ing Internet shit may not be for me after all.

Not for me, either. But after 5+ years of following SP's forum pages, I've managed to turn my skin into Stone ..

lcarreau

Postby Marcsoltan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:43 am

Everybody is trying to figure out what happened to Borut and why he went packing. Well, I can tell you why with a great degree of certainty. He left for the same reason that I almost left tonight, only if Larry had not jumped in to explain. It was because of this STUPID link that when you click on your name comes up. I think it's immature and poisonous.
Marcsoltan

Postby mrchad9 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:48 am

Marc are you being serious?!?!? You were going to leave because of some shenanigans? Come on! You have invested 100s of hours here.

Next time you are in the Bay Area or out in the Sierra let me know and we'll split some whisky ok?
mrchad9

Postby Marcsoltan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:07 am

mrchad9 wrote:Marc are you being serious?!?!? You were going to leave because of some shenanigans? Come on! You have invested 100s of hours here.

Next time you are in the Bay Area or out in the Sierra let me know and we'll split some whisky ok?

Well, I probably would have written the elves first. But, seriously, not everybody's as smart and up-to-date on these kinds of things as you are. I don't know if you saw some of my previous comments or not, but about a month ago I clicked on one of these and that really hurt. This time I felt I was under attack by you, someone that I have always respected. How do we know Borut didn't click on that link? He is a great climber, but he is only a human with feelings. I hardly ever participate in forum because of constant bickering, and now this.
Marcsoltan

Postby mrchad9 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:37 am

Ahhh Mark. I fell for it too when I first entered this wasteland. So do you want that whisky? I promise you- nothing cheap- only the good stuff. Maybe some Talisker?

My apologies if this doesn't come out right. I'm midway through my second Glenlivet as we speak.

I didn't see your previous comments BTW. And seriously... Would be cool to meet up sometime. I love Buttermilk Country and need an excuse to stay there instead of my normal routine.
mrchad9

Postby mrchad9 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 am

HenryWLongfellow wrote:Wow. Amazing the nancy-level in here. How do some of you get by IRL if your feelings get hurt so easily? I trust I just don't get the joke. That has to be it.

Says douchebag Adam Burch.
mrchad9

Postby SeanReedy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:01 am

lcarreau wrote:after 5+ years of following SP's forum pages, I've managed to turn my skin into Stone ..

SeanReedy

The following user would like to thank SeanReedy for this post
lcarreau

Postby SeanReedy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 am

mrchad9 wrote:I fell for it too when I first entered this wasteland. I promise you- nothing cheap- only the good stuff. Maybe some Talisker? I'm midway through my second Glenlivet as we speak.

SeanReedy

Postby macintosh » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:03 pm

One more time this stupid joke ? My God, you have nothing else to do...
macintosh

Postby lcarreau » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:15 pm

This thread went slightly off course.

Nobody knows the real reason why this Borut dude packed his pajamas. Unless he joins this thread with the reason, we can only guess and tip our hats.

:?
lcarreau

PreviousNext

Return to General