Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

WHO SAID IT?

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
 

Postby lcarreau » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:31 am

"I better not let my wife catch me looking at summit-porn."
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 814 times in 614 posts

Postby lcarreau » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:32 am

"We can only blame Global Warming and Reality TV."
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 814 times in 614 posts

Postby lcarreau » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:40 am

" I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself.

But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question:

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? ??"
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 814 times in 614 posts

Postby lcarreau » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:44 am

Image
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 814 times in 614 posts

Postby Bob Sihler » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:24 am

lcarreau wrote:"I better not let my wife catch me looking at summit-porn."


Every married man here?

Okay, Scott says he coined the term, I heard it from Dean, and then I put it in my "Got a Problem?" article.
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1683 times in 962 posts

Postby Bob Sihler » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:26 am

Gary Schenk wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:
Lolli wrote:First quote was climbwild.


But brought to us by Husker; climbwild had emailed him.

Do I get bonus points?


It's still my favorite.


That's not an answer to my question! (But it's my favorite, too.)

So...

Why do you hate America?

About the sunburn quote, who can answer these:

1. What was the title of the thread?

2. Who said, "I have a feeling that line is going to become a classic"?
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1683 times in 962 posts

Postby lcarreau » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:36 am

Bob Sihler wrote:
Why do you hate America?


I remember ... one of the Elves said that!

Image
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 814 times in 614 posts

Postby lcarreau » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:04 am

Hey, times are really hard these days ..

Fur cryin' out loud.



Image
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 814 times in 614 posts

Postby Lolli » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:
Gary Schenk wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:
Lolli wrote:First quote was climbwild.


But brought to us by Husker; climbwild had emailed him.

Do I get bonus points?


It's still my favorite.


That's not an answer to my question! (But it's my favorite, too.)

So...

Why do you hate America?


attm said that to me. 2005, when we differed about the Iraq-war and the Bush administration.

I took it as first quote here too, but changed to dadndave's.
JasonH & juh33 (Andinistaloco) made it a catchphrase.
Bob Sihler wrote:About the sunburn quote, who can answer these:

1. What was the title of the thread?

2. Who said, "I have a feeling that line is going to become a classic"?


1. Don't remember the title, but Husker didn't proxy for him, I think. He wrote it himself, as he was rather angry over the joking which followed. The thread was hilarious, I remember that.

2. You. My guess.
User Avatar
Lolli

 
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Thanked: 108 times in 67 posts

Postby Bob Sihler » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Lolli wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:About the sunburn quote, who can answer these:

1. What was the title of the thread?

2. Who said, "I have a feeling that line is going to become a classic"?


1. Don't remember the title, but Husker didn't proxy for him, I think. He wrote it himself, as he was rather angry over the joking which followed. The thread was hilarious, I remember that.

2. You. My guess.


1. The title was "I have heard from Climbwild!" Husker had received an email from him, and it stated that he had soloed some route on Mount Shasta and had the sunburn to prove it. So Husker copied it and posted it in the OP. The joking started almost right away after that, and the line became a legend.

2. Nope, not me, but it was someone who has posted a few times in the PnP-style threads the past few days.
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1683 times in 962 posts

Postby Lolli » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Andinistaloco.
User Avatar
Lolli

 
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Thanked: 108 times in 67 posts

Postby Bob Sihler » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:53 pm

Yes.
User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Thanked: 1683 times in 962 posts

Postby Day Hiker » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:10 pm

WE ARE NOT SAFE ANYMORE
:lol:
User Avatar
Day Hiker

 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:57 am
Location: Henderson, Nevada, United States
Thanked: 61 times in 43 posts

Postby highlandvillager » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Day Hiker wrote:
WE ARE NOT SAFE ANYMORE
:lol:


Same person who said "PRAY!"
User Avatar
highlandvillager

 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:36 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Thanked: 1 time in 1 post

Postby Lolli » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:
1. The title was "I have heard from Climbwild!" Husker had received an email from him, and it stated that he had soloed some route on Mount Shasta and had the sunburn to prove it. So Husker copied it and posted it in the OP. The joking started almost right away after that, and the line became a legend.


Yes, that ought to earn bonuspoints...
User Avatar
Lolli

 
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Thanked: 108 times in 67 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.