WTB: Suunto Vector HR (Or other watch with alti/baro/HR)

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
brokesomeribs

WTB: Suunto Vector HR (Or other watch with alti/baro/HR)

by brokesomeribs » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:39 am

Looking to buy a Suunto Vector HR, preferably in white (I hate the black screened suunto watches... impossible to read low light).

I'm also open to any other watch that has combined altimeter, barometer, AND heart-rate monitoring capabilities.

They MSRP for $300 but seem to sell for about $230. Best price I can find online is about $190 but that's still more than I'm willing to spend on a watch.

Hoping someone has one that they don't use and is willing to sell for lower.

Please send me a distinct e-mail, not an internal PM
address: woahitsjb at (google's e-mail service) dot com

welle

by welle » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Check out Tech40 by Silva. It sells for $99 at Campmor. It's an exact knock-off of Suunto, but slightly bulkier. Performed well on Rainier last summer, just as well as my partner's Suunto. My only gripe is, it's made by a Canadian company, so it kept switching to meters from feet. http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___87043

Alpinisto

by Alpinisto » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:15 pm

welle wrote:Check out Tech40 by Silva. It sells for $99 at Campmor. It's an exact knock-off of Suunto, but slightly bulkier. Performed well on Rainier last summer, just as well as my partner's Suunto. My only gripe is, it's made by a Canadian company, so it kept switching to meters from feet. http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___87043

Doesn't it let you pick your units of measurement and stick with it (as the Suunto does)?

How is the alarm on the Silva? My one complaint about the Vector -- actually all the Suunto watches -- is their pitiful alarm volume.

brokesomeribs

by brokesomeribs » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:47 pm

welle wrote:Check out Tech40 by Silva. It sells for $99 at Campmor. It's an exact knock-off of Suunto, but slightly bulkier. Performed well on Rainier last summer, just as well as my partner's Suunto. My only gripe is, it's made by a Canadian company, so it kept switching to meters from feet. http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___87043

It has everything I'm looking for.... except the actual heart rate monitor. It has a sort of pedometer function, but that's it. Thanks for the suggestion though. Looks like a solid watch.

welle

by welle » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Yeah, it does, but for some reason it kept switching to meters. Not a huge deal, but mildly annoying - kind of disheartening when you suddenly see all your elevation gain deflated! The alarm is descent.

Return to Gear