Yellowstone employee looking for hiking/climbing partner

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.
Morlow

Yellowstone employee looking for hiking/climbing partner

by Morlow » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey all, I'm working in yellowstone this summer and am searching for partners to hike/climb with. I do exclusively peaks. My weekends are Monday and Tuesday every week. I get out at around 3 pm Sunday and don't go back in until 2 pm Wednesday so two night trips are possible for me.

I have all gear necessary, including technical gear but I don't have outdoor technical experience, only gym climbing. I am willing to learn if someone wants to show me the ropes, but its not my highest priority to do technical climbs. I have basic knowledge of climbing, just not experience. I enjoy scrambling of class 3-4 and moderate snow around 45 degrees.

I am looking to do peaks like Cowen, Black Mountain Y-coulior, Disappointment, Teewinot, etc.

I am here until Nov. 6 and I want to climb until the bitter end. I have access to snow shoes since I work at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. Let me know if you are interested! I am easy going and friendly but I do like to keep the pace up since peaks are dangerous if you move slow. You can relply in this thread or call/text me.

Cell: 913-660-6550

Morlow

Re: Yellowstone employee looking for hiking/climbing partner

by Morlow » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:03 pm

If anyone is interested in just doing one or two climbs this summer I am down for that as well. I may have a few 3-day weekends as well, still ironing out my schedule at work.

Return to Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)