Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Zion Narrows in March

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Postby MoapaPk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Guides normally have to be registered for National Parks; but you can always treat CP to $150 worth of food at Oscar's :) .
MoapaPk

Postby MoapaPk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:59 pm

1000Pks wrote:Rather buy a new rope to be used on the climb, then given for the success. $150 worth of food at Oscar's? Is it a swanky place? Springdale?

I'm joking. $150 of food at Oscar's would kill most people.
MoapaPk

Postby cp0915 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Why all this talk of money? Why not keep the cash and just enjoy a day out in the hills with us? Good will does exist, as improbable as it seems. Or perhaps you prefer someone with "credentials," which you'll not find to take you up NGA.

Regardless, it's up to you, man. The offer's there. And I'll vouch for Moapa, who will vouch for me -- neither of us are homicidal maniacs. DB's the one you gotta worry about.
cp0915

Postby cp0915 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:54 pm

1000Pks wrote:Fees are an incentive for the guide to show up. I wouldn't want to drive my 2,000 miles to find you slept in...

Ask Rick Kent or MoapaPk or Day Hiker or Andinistaloco or Matthew Holliman or Dow Williams or SarahThompson or ... about me "sleeping in" on mountain days. Ask Day Hiker about the many, many times we met at 2 AM to go climb in Zion. Sleep in? Not gonna happen, Peter.

Besides, I'm obsessed with Zion, if you haven't already noticed. Do you really think it's likely I'm not going to participate?

Accidents do happen. If I suffered say a broken leg, there would be an insurance policy to pay with a responsible guide service, assuming I won in court.

Don't have any insurance that's gonna cover you, man. We go to NGA as new friends, helping each other out, each doing our part to try and keep the group safe. Nothing more; nothing less.

I've pretty much seen it all and done it all.

Seems a bit over the top. I've summited 1,000 different mountains and haven't seen the tip of the iceberg. There's so much to this world, Peter. Let's go see some of Zion together.

A Vegas meet up on me is in the works, given you guys can agree on a time and place.

Lemme know. I look forward to it.
cp0915

Postby cp0915 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 pm

It's your world, man. Just lemme know when you wanna climb NGA and we'll see if we can put a plan together.
cp0915

Postby cp0915 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 pm

May/June is an awesome time for NGA. I'll be gone for much of the summer (mid-June to early August, that is). Fall is good for me too.
cp0915

Postby Andinistaloco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:49 am

cp0915 wrote:
1000Pks wrote:Fees are an incentive for the guide to show up. I wouldn't want to drive my 2,000 miles to find you slept in...

Ask Rick Kent or MoapaPk or Day Hiker or Andinistaloco or Matthew Holliman or Dow Williams or SarahThompson or ... about me "sleeping in" on mountain days.

Cp speaks the truth. I still have nightmares about that dude shaking me at 1:45 am... "dude, come on, it's time to get going." Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! :wink:
Andinistaloco

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona, The Great Southwest, United States

Postby MoapaPk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:05 am

1000Pks wrote:If you hear of fantastic conditions, like a solid snow pack to hike over, ...

I'm guessing that you don't really want a solid snow pack for the approach to NGA, and you are unlikely to find one in May/June. The approach is up the N side of the peak, and the walk isn't very long.
MoapaPk

PreviousNext

Return to Utah