Picket Range Comments

brutus of wydeD#*mn

brutus of wyde

Just when I was getting caught up on my "list of ranges I gotta visit"...

Looking forward to seeing the whole package when it shapes up.

Brutus
Posted Mar 24, 2006 12:12 am

mrhSo far

mrh

So far, so good. Let us know when this is done. Looks like its going to be a great page.
Posted May 5, 2006 9:52 pm

mvsRe: OH BOY

mvs

oh thank you so much! I sweated over that report for days. After this page is done, I am going to move it to summitpost so it can benefit from inline pictures and the rich environment we have here for mountain and TR browsing.

Ugh, thinking of writing down the approach stuff makes me procrastinate, but since you want it, I am more motivated! Have fun getting in there this summer for something good :D
Posted May 6, 2006 10:07 am

rpcGREAT!

rpc

Just found this area page. Awsome job Michael. Given your experiences in the Pickets, SP is lucky to have you around to put this together!
Cheers,
Radek
Posted Jul 7, 2006 12:47 am

mvsRe: GREAT!

mvs

Thanks Radek. You are getting some great "experience points" in there too now! Don't you love the view into the cirque from the ridge?
Posted Jul 7, 2006 11:19 am

rpcRe: GREAT!

rpc

Don't you love the view into the cirque from the ridge?
Alpine views overload! EVERY direction once you get up there. Up until now, NE Ridge on Triumph took the cake for me for alpine vistas but this place was more ridiculous! :)
Posted Jul 7, 2006 6:20 pm

rpctruly amazing work

rpc

you guys have done with this page. many thanks!
Posted Jul 28, 2009 5:00 pm

StephAbeggRe: truly amazing work

StephAbegg

Thanks! The Pickets deserve a good report...
Posted Jul 28, 2009 8:44 pm

mvsRe: truly amazing work

mvs

Steph just keeps getting back in there and bringing these amazing photos, diagrams, comparison photos, new routes, etc. Man!
Posted Jul 29, 2009 4:02 am

StephAbeggRe: truly amazing work

StephAbegg

It's an affliction, "Pickets fever"....
Posted Jul 29, 2009 9:17 am

Matt LemkeWish now I went to your workshop

Matt Lemke

Just spent a couple hours looking at your SP pages and your website and I'm very impressed.
Saw you had a night photography workshop but couldn't come as I'm in Colorado. I'm from the Seattle area though and no matter where I go hiking or climbing, nothing is quite like the Cascades for me. I haven't been to the Picketts but have been dying to go for years now.
I'm still learning all the night photography stuff with my Canon 30d but I'm making progress. You have some pretty spectacular climbs under your belt and fantastic photos. Keep up the good work.
Posted Apr 25, 2011 3:45 am

twdirtyThanks

twdirty

Steph, Thanks for the inspiration. A friend and I took our first trip into the pickets this summer to try a traverse that was very heavily assisted by your experiences. It was a trip of a lifetime. Thanks for the beta and the stoke!

tw
Posted Nov 2, 2011 4:57 pm

goofballFantastic

goofball

What a GREAT source of info. Thanks for making it easier for me to plan a trip ( eventually ) with more certainty than going blind and seeing what goes and what don't. Hopefully the odds of my survival will be increased accordingly. I ( & my family ) thank you. *thumbs up icon here*
Posted Sep 5, 2012 12:01 am