Pico Aislado Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 41 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Excellent page Kane, as always.
Posted Jun 29, 2005 6:32 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for taking the time to vote my page. This one took a lot of time and its good to get a vote from a member outside of the Rockies community. thanks
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:40 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thnaks for the comments on my photos and taking the time to vote. Have fun this weekend and be safe. that means EARLY STARTS BARRY.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:34 am

smudgeUntitled Comment

smudge

What a mountain! Great page Kane!
Posted Jun 29, 2005 6:56 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to vote.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:37 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Great writing + great photos = superb page.

I see you did a long exposure stream shot. Is that something new for you? Nice.
Posted Jun 29, 2005 7:29 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

An eighth of a second for that shot. Any way to get that shot when more light exits? Like closing up the aperture as well as slowing the speed? Thanks for the vote, like always.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:33 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Right, you could stop down the aperature if there is more light. Then you could decrease the ISO on a digital camera. If there is still too much light you'd have to resort to neutral density filters.

We've probably discussed graduated ND filters, where only half the filter reduces light (Galen Rowell was a big fan of them). But there are also ND filters that cover the entire lens, for those rare situations when there is too much light.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 3:09 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Stellar job! Congratulations on climbing this remote Colorado classic. Only a few tough ones left such as Jagged, Leviathan, Silex, Storm King, Guardian...
Posted Jun 29, 2005 7:33 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Hi Aaron, thanks for the vote. This page took too much time to write up. These pages get harder and harder don't they? Especially when you don't have an existing mountain that you maintain in the range and you can't copy and paste half of it. Thanks goodness for Alan's and Ryans generosity and providing me with Red Tape and GettingThere.

Got an interesting perspective of Tijeras Peak from up there. The ridge from Music to Milwaukee is nasty.

I may go back and try for Tijeras and the east ridge on Music this season. nice area.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:29 am

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Nice rugged mountain. Thanks for adding this one.
Posted Jun 29, 2005 7:46 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for taking the time to vote my page, I appreciate it. Thanks.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:25 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Nice comprehensive page. Sure miss Rito Alto Pk though.
Posted Jun 29, 2005 8:06 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for stoping by and taking the time to vote. I appreciate it.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:24 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

What you say makes some sense, especially the Sierra Blanca comment. I can't argue that. I have never been down to that area but from what I have heard and seen, it looks like a lot of talus and round boulders, quite different than the main section of the range. Not really planning on going down there either. Thanks for the vote.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:23 am

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Not really planning on going there?! Kane, if you never visit the Huerfano River and see the Blanca/Ellingwood north face with your own eyes, you're not doing yourself a favor! And Ellingwood's SW ridge from Como Lake is one of the classic 14er scrambles, and it doesn't see a lot of traffic.

I can't agree with y'all's assessment of the Sangres' boundaries. The Culebras and the Blancas are part of the Sangres as well.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 11:08 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Ryan, I agree with you 100%. The Huerfano Valley is stunning. Ive been there once to climb Lindsey. I'm just not interested in the Como Lake approach. It scares me.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 2:07 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

And here I just bought a Sangres map. Looks like I've got a project already. Great page!
Posted Jun 29, 2005 8:56 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for taking the time to vote. Yea, the Sangre mountains are spectacular. Especially down there in that Crestone area.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:19 am

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

A wonderfully put together page...I hope to attend college in Colorado and your pages will help me plan some climbs!

Sean