Pico Aislado Comments

Viewing: 21-40 of 41 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

I appreciate the vote. Also, thanks for taking the time to vote.

Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:12 am

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Very Very Cool! Glad to see your spending some time in the Sangres!

Jon
Posted Jun 29, 2005 10:03 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Hi Jon, recieved your e-mail the other day, sorry I havn't got back to you. This page took a long time to write up, so it's safe to say I have been busy. I'll be trying either Hail Peak or Bowan Mountain this Saturday. Both will require a 4 or 5 am start, so I'll probably leave friday night. Have fun in Paonia, looks like Gunnison is melted off from that photo on the Landsend page. Go for it. I'm jealous. let me know how it goes.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:11 am

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Excellent page--it reminds me of why I love the Sangres.
Posted Jun 29, 2005 10:56 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

As always, thanks for taking the time to vote.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:14 am

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Good one. That's some good info!
Posted Jun 30, 2005 1:27 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Excellent page with your trademark beautiful shots. I like the "Spirit of the Sangres" shot most
Posted Jun 30, 2005 3:47 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very impressive mountain. Great work and thanks for sharing!

-Britt
Posted Jun 30, 2005 8:10 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks Brit. BTW congrats on all of your hard work. The new point system really rewards folks that write up text for SP and it looks like you are one of the winners.
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:16 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thanks Kane, but I don't think it will ever be possible to live up to the contributions yourself and others like Klenke, Scott, Brian, and Aaron have made. So thanks to you for making this site what it is today. Take care and nice page! Happy trails!

-Britt
Posted Jul 1, 2005 8:04 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Excellent page. It looks like the Sangres are pretty snow-free already!
Posted Jun 30, 2005 9:49 am

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Nice work, Kane. I can't wait to visit this incredible peak!
Posted Jun 30, 2005 11:01 am

Todd CaudleUntitled Comment

Todd Caudle

Fantastic page, Kane! Only two comments: First, I regret that I can't give some of your photos five or six stars. Second, I'd take the "h" out of Cristo. It's a glaring typo repeated over and over again. I know some historical maps spelled it that way, and there is a bit of romanticism inherent in that spelling, but I think it should reflect what we see on current maps. Just my two cents. Great job!
Posted Jun 30, 2005 8:08 pm

MoniUntitled Comment

Moni

Way cool and great pics!
Posted Jun 30, 2005 10:38 pm

Derek FranzenUntitled Comment

Derek Franzen

Very impressive page, nicely written and informative.

Posted Jul 2, 2005 10:34 pm

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Excellent page, very complete and with some great pictures. It's just my guess, but the name "Asilado" may be a corruption of "aislado," which means "isolated." Thanks for posting!

In the route page, for my usual proofreading report:

for a small cairns -> for small cairns (or "for a small cairn" ?)

fairly easy to locate with the aid -> fairly easy with the aid

you’re descent -> your descent
Posted Jul 4, 2005 2:07 am

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

Great job and excellent photos. What a mountain!
Posted Jul 4, 2005 2:55 pm

Kenzo OkawaUntitled Comment

Kenzo Okawa

Beautiful mountain in Colorado!
Posted Aug 11, 2005 10:13 am

James CUntitled Comment

James C

camping under this peak was a real treat, I wish that I took more photos
Posted Feb 10, 2006 6:15 pm

RyanSSierra Nevada

RyanS

Kane, I was doing some more research on the Sangres, and I found a page on the California Geologic Society's site saying that the Sierra Nevada are a fault block range, meaning that the Sangres aren't the world's longest. Here's the text:

SIERRA NEVADA. The Sierra is a tilted fault block nearly 400 miles long. Its east face is a high, rugged multiple scarp, contrasting with the gentle western slope (about 2°) that disappears under sediments of the Great Valley. Deep river canyons are cut into the western slope. Their upper courses, especially in massive granites of the higher Sierra, are modified by glacial sculpturing, forming such scenic features as Yosemite Valley. The high crest culminates in Mt. Whitney with an elevation of 14,495 feet above sea level near the eastern scarp. The metamorphic bedrock contains goldbearing veins in the northwest trending Mother Lode. The northern Sierra boundary is marked where bedrock disappears under the Cenozoic volcanic cover of the Cascade Range.
Posted Feb 20, 2006 1:30 am