Pilot Knob Comments

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

You get 4 stars for the page and another 4 stars for being a babe!

Posted Aug 12, 2004 9:11 am

mtnhiker13Untitled Comment

mtnhiker13

I am blushing.....
Posted Aug 12, 2004 10:22 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

I am glad this page is finally on SP and thank you for representing it so well.
Posted Aug 12, 2004 9:32 am

AndyUntitled Comment

Andy

Great page! I assume this means you graduated your mountaineering class with flying colors. Congrats!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 9:52 am

mtnhiker13Untitled Comment

mtnhiker13

Yes I made it back alive and graduated!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 11:16 am

MoniUntitled Comment

Moni

Nice job!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 10:34 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

How come if this is only your first page, it seems like you know exactly what you are doing? I hope you keep adding more pages to summitpost. Great Job!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 11:31 am

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Excellent page!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 12:18 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Very nice page. Pilot Knob really sounds like it sould be in Tennessee or maybe Virginia. Nice to see it's a little closer to home for me.
Posted Aug 12, 2004 12:20 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Wow!!! You write like AJ.... But I'm sure he can't climb like you. Great page, and another great mountain added to SP.
Posted Aug 12, 2004 1:03 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Great page, I've wanted to know more about Pilot Knob!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 6:11 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Great page. It seems to have taken two years on SP for you to put up the courage to post a mountain, but it was worth to wait.

Still I hope the second one won't take another two years ;-))
Posted Aug 12, 2004 6:43 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Obviously, my participation in this particular voting process is likely to be viewed as a conflict of interest by some folks. Well, when you're an Ivory Tower resident, you do what you want. For the record, I assisted in the uploading, did some minor editing and supplied edited text for some obvious sections.

The real effort was by Ellen, who composed the Overview and the excellent West Couloir route description, as well as lug a heavy camera to take over 100 pictures of this climb (she has since switched to digital). To my knowledge, this is the first (and if not, then the best) documentation of climbing this mountain on the net.

This is an achievement to be proud of, and I am certainly proud of Ellen in her effort to record the event and represent the mountain so well in her first SP contribution. I'm proud of her for executing this climb (as well as all of the other CMC BMS activities leading up to it) and doing such a great job at gathering the material and data for this shining SP page.

It's been a long time coming for SP, and I was always hoping that Pilot Knob would end up in good hands here. This is one of Colorado's more important mountains known for its reputation as well as its character. Ellen has done a great job capturing that "spirit" and bringing it to the SP community to enjoy. SP finally has Pilot Knob!

Now, addressing the durogatory comments from my fellow SP members, Kane and Alan:

Ellen does climb better than me. This is certainly true. Even though I'm too old to give a s**t, it's still gratifying to know that all you young dudes out there will never climb AS MUCH as I have, because I am indeed too old for any of you guys to catch up! Ha! So there!

And yes, she is indeed babe. And she's all mine! Ain't she somethin'?

Ellen- I'm so glad you did this! Good job! Love ya darlin'!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 9:14 pm

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Nice, Ellen--but now you have this developing situation: we want more! Nice info, nice pictures. Besides that, I agree with Alan. See you soon!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 9:41 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Beautiful mountain and a very nice page! Great job and i hope you add some more! Good climbing to you!
Posted Aug 12, 2004 11:04 pm

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Well done.
Posted Aug 13, 2004 10:03 am

Brad SniderUntitled Comment

Brad Snider

Interesting-looking mountain. Well-done!
Posted Oct 5, 2004 5:48 pm

Kenzo OkawaUntitled Comment

Kenzo Okawa

Realy beautiful and good page!
Posted Oct 14, 2004 5:11 am

bigwillyUntitled Comment

bigwilly

Very informative. Very nice.
Posted Mar 22, 2005 2:54 pm