Pine Creek Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.70200°N / 77.461°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1)
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow directions in the "getting there" section. The northern trailhead starts at the junction between U.S. route 6 and P.A. route 287. The southern terminus is near the trailhead for the West Rim Trail.

Route Description


This route is almost 50 miles long and is usually done in 2-3 days if done in its' entirety. It is a part of the Rails to Trails program and there-for can be ridden in a day by bike. It is a very well maintained path for its' entirety in length. The trails' highlight is The Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. Through the canyon it follows Pine Creek and never ascends the walls. Views are superb on most of the trail and wildlife is everywhere. The most scenic time to do this trail or part of it would be in the fall with the leaves changing. Mother nature presents some wonderful colors during that time of year and this trail makes them easily accessable to all. The trail doesn't only follow Pine Creek in the canyon, as it follows the run for the duration of the hike.

Essential Gear


Comfortable shoes, plenty of food and water, camera.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.