SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

14'rs and beyond

Posted by mtnbkr373 on Apr 17, 2006
Page Views: 1061

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
City or Place: Eastern Sierras
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Hiking, Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

My climbing partner of many years recently bailed on me (new girlfriend) and I'm looking for anyone interested in climbing in the Sierra's. Potential climbs are: Whitney via MR and Russell (East Ridge) in 2-3 day trip, Split Mtn, Mt. Sill, Mt. Humphreys, etc. I still am planning on going alone, but I would rather climb with a partner. Anyone interested?

Comments

shawniemcjuly

shawniemc

Hey mtnbkr373,

I'll be in CA for the month of July (from the midwest), not sure exactly when I'll be in the sierra except for the second week of the month where I'll be there for sure, and needing a partner. Up for most anything class 3 and below, so your routes sound fine to me.

This'll be my first foray into the sierra. I'm a colorado hiker, not a novice, but at the same time no seasoned expert. I've also only done a couple of overnight backpacking trips, so I might solicite your advice on gear.

I'll make sure to camp at altitude for a few days and do some acclimation peaks before heading off with anyone to do a 14er. I usually acclimate quickly when I do this, so I don't think I'll slow you down.
Posted Apr 19, 2006 2:59 am

rmsRe: july

rms

i am similar to you. finished the colorado 14ers last summer. looking to do as many of the california 14ers as possible this summer. am looking for the safest routes. also need to re-acclimated though.
Posted Jun 17, 2007 11:48 pm

kevin trieuRussell

kevin trieu

I'm down for Russell
Posted Apr 21, 2006 11:46 pm

Scott FultonRussell, Whitney via MR, etc.

Scott Fulton

I would be up for several of these, specifically Russell via East Ridge, Whitney via MR, Mt. Sill (maybe via Southwest chutes), Split. I'm generally looking to go no higher than class 3, as I've never done any technical climbing. Late June and much of July is fine with me.
Posted Apr 25, 2006 8:12 pm

KathyWRussell....
When are you going to do Russell? I'm interested in doing Russell this summer, but haven't set a date yet.

I'm planning on doing Sill over around Labor Day if you're interested in a 4 to 5 day trip starting at South Lake.

I'm also planning on Split Mountain, but that will be a longer trip too - I'm going up Taboose Pass - 5 days over 4th of July.

Posted May 18, 2006 5:35 am

rms14ers

rms

i have a posting for partners for doing california 14ers any time this summer. will be roaming around in my toyota pick-up this summer looking to bag as many as i can. am flexable with dates.
Posted Jun 17, 2007 11:45 pm

eferesen14ers

eferesen

Hello All,

I was going to be in the area (Lone Pine, Bishop Area) from June 30th to July 4th. I am have tentative plan posted on my website http://www.eferesen.org. I am willing to change to it (really want to hike Mount Russell). Please write if you are interested
Posted Jun 21, 2007 11:08 pm

urbanprojectsPartner Needed for Mt. Whitney
Check out my posting on Summit Post and let me know if you are interested in this adventure.

"Partner Needed- Mt. Whitney 7-31-07"
Posted Jul 17, 2007 2:17 pm

climbing1Sierra climbing

climbing1

I also climb solo often, I want to climb Mt Sill and Shasta in 2008. Did the Whitnet MR rte aug 2007 solo it was fantastic. Let me know if you are still looking for a partner.
Ron
Posted Dec 16, 2007 7:54 pm

Don't have an account? Register now.

"Guess what? Big Brother doesn't care about you."

© 2006-2012 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.