Aconcagua 2010/2011 season
Posted by martinot on Apr 7, 2010
Page Views: 390
City or Place: Cerro Aconcagua
Skill Level: Intermediate
Partner Status: Want Partners
- timing: +/- 24 days before X-mas 2010 or +/- 24 days after Jan 10th
- skill level needed: super strong physical cond + good mountaineering, team player, weather can be nasty
- main difficulties: altitude, length of time on the mountain (could be +/- 18 days); physical strength
- route: either normal or Vacas Valley or combo
- setup: no guides, porters up to base camp
- itynerary: the key to success is weather and aclimatization. I think if we allow ourselves enough time on the mountain we should be able to summit and get safely down to the road. If we complete sooner we can spend extra days in Mendoza, Buenos or Santiago.
- necessary gear: lots but count on carrying 50lb backpack
- approximate cost (departing from US): US$3,500
There are many options which need to be discussed and selected and tough training ahead of us. I want to do it as a prep for going further, higher, and more difficult. The ultimate goal is 8Km in Himalaya. Anything else in between is in the plans: Equador, Bolivia, Denali, .... Then ....
I'd love to meet people who could team up and prep right to survive this challanges and then plan the next moves.
Anything is possible, many things are doable. Let's give our best and go at it. PM me if interested.
"Nihilists! I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos."
© 2006-2012 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.