Alps September AND Jungfrau August
Posted by hugh1 on Jul 13, 2010
Page Views: 738
Date: After Sep 5, 2010
City or Place: Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Biking, Hiking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Social
Partner Status: Need Partners
I'm looking for a partner for some alpine routes:
1. Jungfrau on weekend of 14/15 August
2. Chamonix/Zermat from about 5 September onwards.
Do give you an idea of my skill level I'll mention some previous *alpine* trips:
- Mt Kenya Pt Battian (attempt, guided)
- 1 week training course in New Zealand (guided)
- Mt Blanc (unguided)
- Cosmique Ridge (unguided)
- Italian Haute route with various 4000m peaks (unguided)
- Island Peak, Nepal (guided)
- various other trips involving glacier travel or some (ice) climbing in Bavaria, Austria, New Zealand and Australia.
I'm basically ok on PD/AD.
"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, which is the most horrible thing in the world."
--Oscar Wilde on Absinthe
© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.