Alps September AND Jungfrau August
Posted by hugh1 on Jul 13, 2010
Page Views: 690
Date: After Sep 5, 2010
City or Place: Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Biking, Hiking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Social
Partner Status: Need Partners
I'm looking for a partner for some alpine routes:
1. Jungfrau on weekend of 14/15 August
2. Chamonix/Zermat from about 5 September onwards.
Do give you an idea of my skill level I'll mention some previous *alpine* trips:
- Mt Kenya Pt Battian (attempt, guided)
- 1 week training course in New Zealand (guided)
- Mt Blanc (unguided)
- Cosmique Ridge (unguided)
- Italian Haute route with various 4000m peaks (unguided)
- Island Peak, Nepal (guided)
- various other trips involving glacier travel or some (ice) climbing in Bavaria, Austria, New Zealand and Australia.
I'm basically ok on PD/AD.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.