Andes january 2013
Posted by bruno baschung on Oct 22, 2012
Page Views: 132
Dates: Dec 28, 2012 through Jan 20, 2013
City or Place: copiapo
Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Partner Status: Want Partners
I'm now in search of partners for an expedition to the Chilean Andes (28.12.2012 - 20.01.2013).
Our goals are two mountains among the continent's top 10 (Walter Penck / Cazadero 6658m, Tres Cruces 6749m) , both being
- above 6500m
- technically easy (they will be climbed unroped and very likely without much use of crampons which allows each one to progress at his own pace)
- physically demanding (good fitness level required, but achievable since BC -around 5300 in both cases- can be reached with 4WD
- offer an excellent opportunity to train or test yourself at a very high altitude while avoiding the crowds on Aconcagua for instance (for instance ideal before turning to a higher mountain in a few months)
- both are very rarely climbed (Walter Penck less than 20 timles since 1972!) and thus truly offer the opportunity to enjoy the pleasures and challenges of an expedition in a remote area.
- a good opportunity to discover the Puna de Atacama and its wonderful landscapes, let alone have some pleasant stays between both climbs on the Argentinian side (Fiambala) with some good food while enjoying austral summer...
- of possible we will also attempt the traverse of the 3 peaks of the Tres Cruces (which doesn't seem to have done yet), adding tres Cruces North (6040m) and Central (6625m).
I can address some more information on request.
Budget should be around +/-2000 € / pers. (depending size of the group) + flights to Copiapo (Chile). Group will be constituted very soon.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
© 2006-2012 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.