SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Anybody want to climb?

jeremyry

Posted by jeremyry on Oct 25, 2006
Page Views: 1444

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
Location: California, United States
City or Place: Sacramento
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Ice Climbing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Skiing
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

I'm looking for some climbing partners to head into the Sierra's. I moved here recently from Seattle and have climbed mostly in the Cascades. I've made one trip to the Sierra's, climbing the East Ridge of Bear Creek Spire. I love the rock down here and the plethora of good climbing.

I'm into alpine rock, ice climbing and some glacier slogging. I love alpine routes on moderate rock. I lead 5.8 trad, typically 5.6 or 7 in the mountains and can follow up to 5.10. I'm up for just about any climbing though and go cragging a lot on the Hwy 50 corridor. I'm easy-going and am looking for people who want to get into the mountains.

Comments

b_bettsCool

b_betts

Heya, I'd be down for doing some alpine routes.. unfortunately my weekends somehow get booked up a lot, but with a little planning I can get away for some climbing.

East Buttress of Whitney perhaps?
Posted Nov 1, 2006 2:21 am

matloggRock

matlogg

Sounds like a pretty good match. I'm training for more technical alpine routes in the Sierra, Tetons, Whitney East Buttress. Send me an email if you want to train.
Posted Mar 13, 2007 5:56 am

96avs01What's on your hitlist

96avs01

Let me know what is on your Sierra hitlist. If we have some stuff that overlaps I would be interested in partnering. Not much of a rock resume to date, but trying to gain some experience. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Posted Apr 12, 2007 4:10 am

urbanprojectsPartner Needed for Mt. Whitney
Check out my posting on Summit Post and let me know if you are interested in this adventure.

"Partner Needed- Mt. Whitney 7-31-07"
Posted Jul 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Darren9same goals

Darren9

Hey Jeremy, I am not too far away and it sounds like we are both looking for the same type of climbing. I am mostly interested in moderate alpine routes on good Sierra rock / ice. Also recently from WA, want to explore the range. Contact me if you are interested.
Posted Sep 26, 2007 1:43 am

mlrosesfneed lead partner

mlrosesf

still looking? totally interested in hitting the granite this summer and have trad/sport experience but only following. have my own car, rope, camping gear and will trade food/gas/beer to follow some climbs. really flexible schedule and alwas ready to climb anything, anywhere. let me know!
Posted May 18, 2009 2:14 am

Don't have an account? Register now.

"The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till the other is ready."   --Henry David Thoreau

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.