Cho Oyu April/May 2007
Posted by mh5 on Jan 17, 2007
Page Views: 782
City or Place: Qowowuyag
Skill Level: Advanced
Partner Status: Want Partners
I plan to climb Cho Oyu in pre-monsoon 2007 starting around 22 - 24 of April on the "normal" route and passing via Kathmandu, Zhangmu, Tingri.
I am looking for
1) information and opinions about trustworthy organizations/agencies capable of organizing basic service which include
- all permit fees and liaison officers (permits starting from around 22 - 24 of April 07)
- ground transport (me and my personal climbing gear) from Kathmandu to Base Camp at 5000m and back
- Yak (to carry about 30 - 40 kg of personal climbing gear) from Base Camp 5000 m to ABC at 5700 m and back
2) groups or individuals whom i could join as permits are given only to groups, and agencies seem to provide discounts for two or more people signing in together for their services.
3) Then of course, it would also be very nice to have company on the mountain (with everyone staying autonomous concerning equipment and climbing skills) and/or hear about people who will be around on Cho Oyu in that time.
Thank you for your feedback!
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.